Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Economy, Tyre Pressure.

kabz

Anyone out there with a verso T180 whant to know what the fuel economy should be like. mine shows on the computer between 20mpg to 25mpg, I put £40 in and get 200 miles max out of it. Anyone know what the correct tyre pressure should be on a verso T180 there the standard 17 inch at the moment am putting 32 psi front and back, one guy said put 34 psi, and an other guy said put 36 psi can any one tell me plz.

Anyone out there with a verso T180 whant to know what the fuel economy should be like. mine shows on the computer between 20mpg to 25mpg, I put £40 in and get 200 miles max out of it. Anyone know what the correct tyre pressure should be on a verso T180 there the standard 17 inch at the moment am putting 32 psi front and back, one guy said put 34 psi, and an other guy said put 36 psi can any one tell me plz.

Those mpg figures are terrible to be honest, even driving foot to the boards still you should be getting around 25-35 and although I don`t know the exact tyre pressures (they should be a sticker on the car somewhere)they shouldn`t make that much difference.

Those mpg figures are terrible to be honest, even driving foot to the boards still you should be getting around 25-35 and although I don`t know the exact tyre pressures (they should be a sticker on the car somewhere)they shouldn`t make that much difference.

Any idea wat i can do to get better fuel economy, dont really put foot down.

Take it to you dealer if its still under warranty, when was it last serviced ?

I`ve noticed someone in the Avensis section also complaining about the mpg of his 180 and its been suggested to clean the EGR.

Take it to you dealer if its still under warranty, when was it last serviced ?

I`ve noticed someone in the Avensis section also complaining about the mpg of his 180 and its been suggested to clean the EGR.

Ive got no warranty ive just bought it a couple of weeks ago it's a 06 plate. it was last serviced (B service) in feb by the previous owner and Ive just serviced it last week after 10k just the basic service, didnt take it to toyota dough got a mate who works at toyota been there for about 20 yrs he done it. I asked him about the economy and he says its about right, 25 mpg he said should get out of it. Ive been reading other forums and in a few it says about the egr valve and a few people have tried it and they say it makes a differance. Could I do the egr valve my self and where would I find it. Tried to find some links to see where it is but cant find any. Got a mate who does computer diognostic he suggest i rechip it.

I asked him about the economy and he says its about right, 25 mpg he said should get out of it.
Does he not believe the figures Toyota give in the brochure and does he believe that a Verso gives poorer fuel economy than a Porsche Cayenne (Porsche quote 32mpg with urban driving)?

Does he not believe the figures Toyota give in the brochure and does he believe that a Verso gives poorer fuel economy than a Porsche Cayenne (Porsche quote 32mpg with urban driving)?

I dont think he does. thats wat porsche claim but it would probaly do less.

the computer figures are ***** on my verso

in reality and by measureing the petrol and milage the average is usually 6-10 better than the computer :ffs:

The tyre pressure sticker is on the inside of the lower glove box lid.

My 2.2 d4d 140bhp does around 38mpg on the extra urban cycle and about 50mpg ish on a sensible motorway run and 46mpg ish on a proper motorway thrash. All the above figures are what the computer give me, not on manual workings out.

Hope that helps,

Bod.

• 9 months later...

You're just getting his hopes up Bob, T180s sup diesel like it's going out of fashion, nothing to do with the 140bhp engine. My T180 had a whole new engine for free in the last six months, been in and out for years, going back again soon as it's back down to 27mpg on the commute.

Updated 12/9/11 - It's had a second free engine and now does 30-35mpg which is more like it (on the computer).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links