Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Locking Problem

karat3kid

can anyone help me with a problem relating to the remote locking system/alarm system on my 54 plate (facelift) corolla T sport.......

Basically the remote system has become extremely intermitant in operation and stops working at all for long periods.It worked fine up until approx a week ago. Changed batteries in both remote keys; Doors all fully shut; no signal interference from other sources. interior light ok. Only way i can currently lock/unlock the car is by using the key in the drivers side lock.

Before i go and call on Mr T and probably end up spending loads-a-money any advice would be much appreciated.........

can anyone help me with a problem relating to the remote locking system/alarm system on my 54 plate (facelift) corolla T sport.......

Basically the remote system has become extremely intermitant in operation and stops working at all for long periods.It worked fine up until approx a week ago. Changed batteries in both remote keys; Doors all fully shut; no signal interference from other sources. interior light ok. Only way i can currently lock/unlock the car is by using the key in the drivers side lock.

Before i go and call on Mr T and probably end up spending loads-a-money any advice would be much appreciated.........

Hi.

Had more or less the same issue as you in the last few days.

Worst one was last night,when i got home about 10pm and couldnt lock the car with the remote.

Walked all the way around the pressing the damn thing but nothing.

Went to work this morning and tried again and BINGo it worked fain.

Scanned thro the Tinternet for advice,found this link too...apparently its quite a common thing...

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59347

So best bet is just to move where you park the car!!!

Apparently it may have something to do with the vicinity of your house and them !Removed! mobile masts which omit radiowaves.

Drove the car to a local supermarket and hey presto everything worked fine. Came back home, parked on the drive, same problem again. After talking to a neighbour found out they have just erected a new mobile phone mast somewhere up the road in the last couple of weeks. Looks like the problem is here to stay. Many thanks for all your advice.