Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm On New Invincible

garth1979

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is something wrong with the alarm on y new invincible.

First off,the buttons on the remote are very sensitive to say the least,and its very easy to press them inadvertently.

On a couple of occasions,ive opened a door,then locked it again by accident with the remote while the door is still open.This results in an audible beeping sound to alert me that the door is open,and the alarm system armed.

In the handbook,it says to just use the open button on the remote if this happens.But this does not work,and i have to close the door,lock,then unlock to disable the alarm.

Has anyone else had any probs with this system?

Does anyone else find the remote extremely sensitive?

Many thanks...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

First off,the buttons on the remote are very sensitive to say the least,and its very easy to press them inadvertently.

On a couple of occasions,ive opened a door,then locked it again by accident with the remote while the door is still open.This results in an audible beeping sound to alert me that the door is open,and the alarm system armed.

In the handbook,it says to just use the open button on the remote if this happens.But this does not work,and i have to close the door,lock,then unlock to disable the alarm.

Many thanks...

Yes, the key/remote is very sensitive. Mine locks and unlocks all the time with the keys in my pocket.

I currently have a 09 reg Hl3 3.0, but I am collecting my new Invincible on 1st September. I only mention this as the new 2010 model has a completely different alarm system to the 2009 model, so I assume the deactivation procedure will be different. It does outline the system deactivation and control in the handbook.

Hi all,

Many thanks...

Yes, the key/remote is very sensitive. Mine locks and unlocks all the time with the keys in my pocket.

I currently have a 09 reg Hl3 3.0, but I am collecting my new Invincible on 1st September. I only mention this as the new 2010 model has a completely different alarm system to the 2009 model, so I assume the deactivation procedure will be different. It does outline the system deactivation and control in the handbook.

Hallelujah! There is life out there!

Let me know if the systems different,as ive never had a Hilux before,so nothing to compare it with.

If your vehicle is a 2010 model and you have a problem with it, why not speak to your local Toyota dealer and ask if they can offer a solution?

Hi all,

Many thanks...

Let me know if the systems different,as ive never had a Hilux before,so nothing to compare it with.

Have a look at the 'Hilux Pick-up Owners Club' forum at http://www.hpoc.co.uk/community/. Select the 'Technical Questions' forum

[You have to be a member to look at the forums]. This website gets considerably more 'traffic'.

Hi all,

Many thanks...

Have a look at the 'Hilux Pick-up Owners Club' forum at http://www.hpoc.co.uk/community/. Select the 'Technical Questions' forum

[You have to be a member to look at the forums]. This website gets considerably more 'traffic'.

Hello again garth1979, I see from your other thread you started that the above advice I gave you about the HPOC was not needed as you had already worked that one out for yourself. I will probably see you over there on HPOC.

vic575.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Many thanks...

Hi Garth,

Have you had any other problems with your Invincible's alarm system? I have a 2010 invincible too and my key pad is also very sensitive but worse than that the alarm system goes off whilst I'm driving. This happens randomly so I've not been able to pinpoint what's causing it. Have you had any problems like that?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links