Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Denso Ik20

XTR 55

I am replacing my spark plugs very soon and am considering Denso IK20 instead of the SK20R11 (long life). I intend to replace the IK20 plugs every 2nd full service. I believe leaving the plugs for the full length of time could cause potential problems of the plugs seizing in the ports and/or the plug leads fusing too tight to remove without damaging them.

Anybody have any experiences with the IK20, good or bad.

My only experience of running anything other than Iridium in a lean burn engine is that they cause irregulities like uneven idling and tuning just off note. Why not fit the proper plugs and take them out every couple of services to clean up and oil the threads?

You might get fed up - No 3 and 4 are a swine to get at.

My only experience of running anything other than iridium in a lean burn engine is that they cause irregulities like uneven idling and tuning just off note. Why not fit the proper plugs and take them out every couple of services to clean up and oil the threads?

You might get fed up - No 3 and 4 are a swine to get at.

Hi Anchs

The IK20 is a Denso Iridium spark plug it's just the power version in the Denso range for the Rav4. They are cheaper than the SK20R11, supposed better performance only not as long lasting.

Application list for Rav4