Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Multi Changer

Jackie888

Hi all

Only joined today as picked up my 57 Auris yesterday (although used to have a gorgeous gen 6 Celica before). Anyway, I'm missing the CD multichanger that was in my last car. Does anyone know if I can buy any multi changer off eBay, or does it need to be a specific one? If so, does anyone have any links at all please?

Many thanks

Jackie

post-97522-128179865865_thumb.jpg

Hi all

Only joined today as picked up my 57 Auris yesterday (although used to have a gorgeous gen 6 Celica before). Anyway, I'm missing the CD multichanger that was in my last car. Does anyone know if I can buy any multi changer off eBay, or does it need to be a specific one? If so, does anyone have any links at all please?

Many thanks

Jackie

Can't answer your question directly but have you thought about burning a CD with mp3 files. You can get many albums on one disc that way... :thumbsup:

David

Can't answer your question directly but have you thought about burning a CD with mp3 files. You can get many albums on one disc that way... :thumbsup:

David

Hi David

I have a few of these already, but only get 20 tracks on a CD?

Jackie

David

Hi David

I have a few of these already, but only get 20 tracks on a CD?

Jackie

Hi Jackie

That doesn't sound right - you should be able to get lots more than 20 tracks. I have just had a look and I have one CD with 91 tracks on it, and another CD with 12 albums on.

You can through the different folders, I think by pressing the 5 and 6 on your CD player.

David

I believe you have burned the regular DATA CD and put MP3 files on it (just like you would do while burning a CD-R with data for use on a computer)? Auris' radio does play MP3 files so that way you can have up to about 8-9h of music on one CD.

On the other hand, when you burn an AUDIO CD from MP3 files, you end up with a normal audio CD (MP3 files are decoded on-the-fly by burning software) and thus only around 21 tracks (depending on length of tracks) with around of 72min of music.

I believe you have burned the regular DATA CD and put MP3 files on it (just like you would do while burning a CD-R with data for use on a computer)? Auris' radio does play MP3 files so that way you can have up to about 8-9h of music on one CD.

On the other hand, when you burn an AUDIO CD from MP3 files, you end up with a normal audio CD (MP3 files are decoded on-the-fly by burning software) and thus only around 21 tracks (depending on length of tracks) with around of 72min of music.

Ah, so if I buy data cds instead I can get 100s of MP3's on? Cool, I'll do that. Would still be nice to be able to play my CDs though. Seems a waste of time downloading them to the pc, converting them to MP3 then burning to another CD!

Would still be interested in a multi changer if anyone can advise me

Thanks all

Jackie

It's not the type of blank CD you use, it's a setting in the burning software. Selecting MP3 CD will do it, on any type of CD-R. (CD-RW disc might be problematic)

It's not the type of blank CD you use, it's a setting in the burning software. Selecting MP3 CD will do it, on any type of CD-R. (CD-RW disc might be problematic)

Thanks clangnuts. I think I've got to that age where technology starts to bypass you!

I feel your pain Jackie888. I'd prefer a changer over my single CD player but what can I do. When I was buying my auris a multichanger was available only in one version - as a special temporary offer. Since the rest of the trim was not up to my expectations (much lower version) I decided to go for the one I own now and skipped over the CD changer.

So the only way during a long trip to omit juggling with multiple CDs is to have one with a lot of MP3 files on them.

But back to your original question that I did not answer previously (sorry about that): there is an original toyota multichanger (for 6 cd) that you can have more information on below:

Toyota 6-CD Changer

As for the price and availability, I believe you should send a private message to Parts King. This one should definitely work with original auris radio. I do not know about any other aftermarket products.

I feel your pain Jackie888. I'd prefer a changer over my single CD player but what can I do. When I was buying my auris a multichanger was available only in one version - as a special temporary offer. Since the rest of the trim was not up to my expectations (much lower version) I decided to go for the one I own now and skipped over the CD changer.

So the only way during a long trip to omit juggling with multiple CDs is to have one with a lot of MP3 files on them.

But back to your original question that I did not answer previously (sorry about that): there is an original toyota multichanger (for 6 cd) that you can have more information on below:

Toyota 6-CD Changer

As for the price and availability, I believe you should send a private message to Parts King. This one should definitely work with original auris radio. I do not know about any other aftermarket products.

Thanks Marqs.That link doesn't seem to work for me though?

The good news is I did what was suggested and just made a data disk of mp3s and got well over 100 tracks on there which play in the car. Yay! Still means I have to change over my bought CDs when I want to hear them, but this will keep me quiet for now, until I can source a multi-changer.

Thanks guys!

One happy bunny

Thanks Marqs.That link doesn't seem to work for me though?

Yes I can see that, the link must have expired. This is a toyota's website: The New ATA, where you can find information and mounting instructions for most of the accessories, if not all. The address is: New ATA

Here you have some information on the CD-changer:

Part number: 08601-00911

Name: 6-disc CD changer, TM0461

Old Part Nr: 08601-00892

Description:

With its six disc magazine, the CD changer offers you the potential for hours of continuous music. It locates discreetly under the seat to enable easy access while also being hidden from prying eyes.

Thanks guys!

You're welcome.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links