Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hiace Mutan

caen fred

Hello all. After 2 Previa I am now the proud owner of a 2010 Hiace combi. I recon it's not the same breed yet having flirted in the past with the previous Hiace model it's a lot better.

The 117hp engine is quite good and with a Chip it's an highway beast.

Now for the tires question(s):

1- Why did they put 195/70r15 on a truck that size (I had that size on my Datsun 280Zx) fuel saving ????????

2- I plan on up-scaling the tires to 235/60r16 and now for the second question. They used Van tires on the Hiace, may I use car tires with a very close loading factor of 101 instead of 102/104. After all I will use this van as a MPV and the actual Bridge.. are very noisy, with no comfort at all being inflated to a steel like 4.0 bar! So I will put bigger 16 wheels and larger cars tires I dont give a .... if they don't last as I'd rather enjoy a good driving than a dull saving.

Anything really wrong that I might not see?

3- I use my GPS for most of my traveling and it's notorious that the speedo is always... conservative for the less. I may use a slightly bigger tire to first tame the beast (when driving with only 4 people and no load it's almost too peppy) and it will bring my speedo closer to a true reading. But as for the mileage? Are the milometers and speedo 5-6%false from the factory or are they vicious enough to provide us with false speedo and correct milometers??? I just want to know for science sake...

Well thanks for you inputs, Boomer