Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Creaking Noise From Seat Next To Seatbelt Lock

forevered

when pressing clutch down to change gear i get a intermittent creak noise from my seat right on the left hand side next to the seatbelt lock. sometimes if i move my thigh and press down on the seat it creaks, but only seems to do this with the seatbelt fastened.

anyone know if its the seatbelt lock or edge of seat under my left thigh ? if i pull on seatbelt lock when its fastened it dosnt make a noise , only when i press down the seat under my left thigh.would it be safe to spray wd40 or silicone spray under seat , or even into seatbelt lock ?

cant be bothered with hassle of taking it into the dealer as its not loud and not there all the time

not sure but i can say i had it and the dealers repaired it, without a quibble. (one of the least hassle issues they had to deal with...)

I could recreate it by pressing with my fist on the side bolster cushion. Dealer had no doubt and accepted it,

I think it was the pivot bush for the seatbelt lock. :toast:

If you are still in warranty take it in... or try some WD40 at eh fixing point of the seat belt buckle.

when pressing clutch down to change gear i get a intermittent creak noise from my seat right on the left hand side next to the seatbelt lock. sometimes if i move my thigh and press down on the seat it creaks, but only seems to do this with the seatbelt fastened.

anyone know if its the seatbelt lock or edge of seat under my left thigh ? if i pull on seatbelt lock when its fastened it dosnt make a noise , only when i press down the seat under my left thigh.would it be safe to spray wd40 or silicone spray under seat , or even into seatbelt lock ?

cant be bothered with hassle of taking it into the dealer as its not loud and not there all the time

hi forevered

have mentioned a few times on this forum of not having any problem with noises just the swish of the tyres.

but went in car this afternoon and noticed my seat was making a squeeking sound not loud but there,said to myself someone has posted a cure for that so wiil sort it out when i get home.

called in sainsburys on the way home,and would you beleave it,the noise has gone.

bouncing up and down and other twisting on seat i could not make it do it again

any future problems i have with the car wil be sorted with a short trip to sainsburys.

Quite a few of my Toyota cars did that - including my Auris. Afraid I just ignored it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links