Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hel Brake Lines

BRIDGES

Hey all

As your aware i purchased some HEL brake lines. The other week, tried fitting them but the connector that joins to the pipe work on the car was tight, so much so it felt as if it was cross threading. The connection to the caliper was fine though.

Any HEL owners out there, if so I need your oppinion on the above please.

this might be a totally stupid reply simply because my knowledge when it comes to brake lines in very limited but is it not possible to put a tiny dab of copper grease on the end before trying to screw it in? also if there are multiple versions of the HEL brake lines is your the correct connector to link up with the car brake lines?

Haven't ttried the copper grease but its my mechanic who tried fitting, I wouldn't even risk it!!

Well I rang up HEL directly, they state that they haven't had any other problems with lines they have made for T-sports, they could just be saying that though!!

But they suggested to get the thread diameter or pitch or what ever and get back to them so they can check and re-send out to me.

But 99% of times they dont mix the connectors up due to the process they use, and I did give them the correct details for my rolla!!

the pipe is usually 3/16", the fitting that goes on the end is off the top of my head 6 or 7mm metric thread. I doubt they could get the thread wrong but anything is possible.

The only thing i would suggest is check the flare on the end of your brake line to make sure its not bent over.

I hope your mechanic has a toyota intelligent tester, you'll need to bleed your abs pump after I think.

Has a what???

He bleeds the brakes correctly bro, has all the tools of the trade in his garage. Hes even thinking of getting those tyre fitting machines and balancer too, which will be great :D

But HEL have connected the wrong female connectors to the brake lines. My Mech brought a male and female connector that would normaly sit on the car. The Female connector that he had, fitted perfectly on to the male connector on the car & suprisingly the male connector he had, didnt fit into the female connector on the HEL lines!! To me that tells me one thing!!!

Never ever use any form of grease or oil on brake lines as it will cause serious rapid deterioration of any rubber components. If a brake joint needs lubed then there something amiss. All connections should go together freely by hand.:)

Copper grease it not recommended in any brake application.:)

For some reason Hel had T Sport brake lines as 3/8 UNF Female on their system.

If you contact them at Exeter they will exchange them.