Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leak

lovehunter

hi,

i`m new to the forum, i have noticed a leak behind the passenger side front wheel and was wondering if it could be anything to do with the ac. it`s dripping from the back of the engine compartment but you cannot see it from above with the bonnet up. the car had it`s first service last week and to be honest with all the rain we`ve had recently i hadn`t noticed anything.

It's normal to find quite a puddle underneath from the AC. The evaporator has a drain tube in that area.

We've had nine cars now with air conditioning, and with the exception of a Honda Civic, they all have ejected excess water from the air conditioning system. Mixture of Nissans, Toyotas, and Mazdas.

The Civic didn't seem to do this - and I remember when we had to have the Battery replaced, the garage we used for this, being surprised by the fact that the Civic had a second radiator.

As I work as a car jockey at a large hotel the most asked question in summer is "has my car got a water leak"

Just about every car seems to do it, its condensation from the A/C unit turning into water and draining away.

One day I shall say its not a leak but how about the ecu light flashing, the low oil indicator doing its bit, and other various warnings flashing away. Then I could mention the brakes pulling, nearly bald tyres and cracked windscreens etc. All on nearly new cars. You would not believe how some cars are neglected.

thanks for the replies everyone. the wife called toyota in salford, they asked her to bring it in. as has been said it is the overflow condensate from the air con. they offered to wash and valet the car but unfortunately the wife was on a tight schedule.thanks again :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links