Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Under The Bonnet

jettech

I have my car back after A/C was fixed but after heavy rain I noticed there is plenty of water under the bonnet. There is a puddle of water on the front plastic where the bonnet catch is- radiator cover. Is that normal in Auris or simply my car wasn't correctly put together after repair?

I have my car back after A/C was fixed but after heavy rain I noticed there is plenty of water under the bonnet. There is a puddle of water on the front plastic where the bonnet catch is- radiator cover. Is that normal in Auris or simply my car wasn't correctly put together after repair?

hi jettech

is the rubber seal that runs the width of the bonnet that fits were the bonnet meets the car at the front there.

or maybe he bonnet was not fully closed and on the safety catch, when you drove home at you did not notice it

just mop up the water close bonnet properly and take for test run.

Thanks. I had a close look and it appears there is now bigger gap between front spoiler and the bonnet when closed. Not much but just 2-3 mms. It appears something wasn't aligned correctly.

Mine's always had that problem, just a little puddle near the bonnet lever.

Don't think the front's ever been off, so it must've come from the factory like that... :huh:

Thanks bobbo. I took it back to the garage and they said it is aligned. I compared to another Auris and I could swear there is very tiny difference in the gap. I am going to live with that- maybe not to long as I am thinking of selling it anyway.

Thanks bobbo. I took it back to the garage and they said it is aligned. I compared to another Auris and I could swear there is very tiny difference in the gap. I am going to live with that- maybe not to long as I am thinking of selling it anyway.

hi

are you sure the seal is fitted where the front of bonnet meets the body near the bonnet catch.

purchssed a new vw that had the same seal missing.they pinched one off a new car in the showroom when i told them i would not wait for for one to be ordered.i said why should i wait,you do the waiting to fit a replacement on the showroom car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links