Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Engine

AndileC

I've got a Tazz\Conquest (aka Corolla GTi four door) with a 2E engine. This engine is pretty weak to say the least and I was thinking of getting something slightly more powerful. Is there any one who can give some good advice on what engine can be transplanted into this particular car.

try www.jbmotorsport.co.uk they sell various engines and can advice you on what engines can be transplanted to your car.

Hi Andile.You should be able to transplant a twincam engine[4AGE] from any "bubble" hatchback Conquest RSi. If you want even more,but reliable power you could source the 4AGZE engine from somewhere in SA as there are a few places now that import them.I will PM you some more details.

Cheers

Ant ;)

After much asking around I've decided to go with a black top 4AGE simply its the cheapest and most common engine here in South Africa. There is absolutly no :censor: way I'm paying

R19000 (about 1900 pounds) for an engine with at least 80000 k's on it and that is the best quote I could get for a 4AGZE MAP. Shame no one in this country seems to know what a Starlet is let alone what a 4E-FTE engine looks like. :(

well i'ld rather have a 4A-GE, but here it is the other way around, non of those, and too many Glanzas and Starlet GTs.

Keep in mind you're going to have minor engine mount altrations.