Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Space Saver Tyre - How Far, How Fast?

BlueValour

How far can you drive, and at what speed, safely on a space saver on a Gen 2 Prius? Also, is there room for a full size replacement to be fitted? Thx.

The normal rules for a space saver is...

No faster than 50mph

No greater distance than 65 miles.

No faster than 50mph

hi and no less than 60 psi in it,and i beleave i was told no towing with it fitted.

No faster than 50mph

hi and no less than 60 psi in it,and i beleave i was told no towing with it fitted.

I thought it was 50mph for 50 miles, and Toyota recommend you DO NOT tow with a Prius

It seems pretty hardy tho'; Some nut ball blitzed past me in an Aygo on the M1 a couple of weeks ago with one on its left rear, and to my mild surprise I didn't see the flaming wreck of his car wrapped around a tree or anything! :lol:

Personally I would only use it to get to the nearest tyre shop! :eek:

How far can you drive, and at what speed, safely on a space saver on a Gen 2 Prius? Also, is there room for a full size replacement to be fitted? Thx.

What does your owner's handbook say? Have you tried measuring the width of full size tyre and comparing the measurement with the depth of the hole that the "skinny" sits in?

What does your owner's handbook say? Have you tried measuring the width of full size tyre and comparing the measurement with the depth of the hole that the "skinny" sits in?

I think there may be a clue in the name: "Space saver", it is narrower than the full size wheel/tyre.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links