Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Look After A Gt4

mike900

hi im new to the gt4s i was wondering when i get 1 how often do i have to service the turbo and do i have to let it warm up b4 i start diving. if any can help me with this or give me advice on any thing els i would be grateful.

hi im new to the gt4s i was wondering when i get 1 how often do i have to service the turbo and do i have to let it warm up b4 i start diving. if any can help me with this or give me advice on any thing els i would be grateful.

first have a look at the forum for celicas etc..

I run 2 RAV4s both with 3SGTE engines and fitted with GT4 intercoolers.

I avoid stressing the engine with boost until its up to its working temp...cos it runs better and thats the way i have them mapped./

Just make sure you have good oil in the engine, and that you change it regularly depending on how hard you treat the engine.

other simple checks like oil levels; water levels and so on are helpful to you not blowing the ting up.

what year is your GT4?

its worth checking the coolant as well, make sure you use de-ionised water for top ups as it doesn't cause corrosion in the engine.

as said allow the car to properly warm up before giving it beans.

if you want to increase the boost then buy an electronic boost controller and have it set up and checked on a dyno.

also use good quality fuel, v-power or the like as turbo engines can be prone to detonation which causes engine damage. this is especially important if your car is an import