Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Toyota Charge To Look At A Fault?

Notebook

Hi All

Does toyota charge to look at a fault so as to give you a quote on the work required? If so, is it fixed?

Thanks

It depends what the fault is!

Something small with a quick diagnosis we would'nt charge for, but if it required some time to fix, we would charge the time spent to look for it, and if further work was required, an estimate to complete the work

What is the fault you have?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Something small with a quick diagnosis we would'nt charge for, but if it required some time to fix, we would charge the time spent to look for it, and if further work was required, an estimate to complete the work

Hello John, got a new motor? ;)

:thumbsup: The Urban has gone and the Verso is in. Not too bad on fuel on a steady run, went to Mid Wales a few weeks ago and it averaged 44, had to work in Northampton last week and was going out for the evening so didnt hang around on the motorway on the way back ;) only averaged 35 :crybaby: There has to be a moral in there somewhere..........Never go to Northampton again??? :D:

Hi All

Does toyota charge to look at a fault so as to give you a quote on the work required? If so, is it fixed?

Thanks

I got quoted £60 for a potential DMF problem on mine.

Haggled and got it down to £40 which they would deduct from the final bill if they did the work.

Hope this helps.

Nigebob

Yes we do the same too Nigebob, it's a fair system for those who want a genuine diagnosis, but also want us to repair the car, all too often we have people (including other garages) who want you to perform the diagnosis, free of charge, but would never have the work done at a dealership

Mentioned this on the forum previously - had the fault under warranty, but my local toyota said they couldnt find the fault - rubbish - contacted headquaters about this and also bubbling alloys. They changed this but that was all. Girlfriend been driving it for a while and now I am driving it, immediately felt the fault. It judders when feathering / maintaining speed on the motorway. Far worse with the aircon on. Also will do it if going over the brow of a hill on the motorway with cruise on.

Written again to headquaters but they say I would have to pay as the warranty is up. They also said to take it to another toyota dealer - maybe cardiff.

Want to know where I stand as I fancy a visit on watchdog over this as it does effect the cars speed.

Ok This might sound a bit blunt but here goes.

You might get the original dealer to look at it, seeing as you had mentioned it previously to him before it went out of warranty, HOWEVER, it IS out of warranty and they might not want to play ball. best if you can put firm but polite pressure on that dealer, maybe a letter to the Dealer Principle to let him know what happened.

If you take it to another dealer then you will have to pay for diagnosis, the car is out of warranty, so they will require paying. If they can find what the fault is (injectors??? or whatever) then they would submit an out of warranty request to Toyota to see if they will pay/contribute. You MIGHT get your diagnosis money back depending on the outcome of the out of warranty request

I tell people on a weekly basis. If you have a fault on your car, and the warranty is due to expire, GET IT SORTED BEFORE the warranty expires., even if this means making a number of appointments to fix your car, this way, all of your visits will be recored. It is far easier to deal with warranty matters when the car is IN WARRANTY, once it's a day out of warranty, your rights are considerably less

Ok This might sound a bit blunt but here goes.

You might get the original dealer to look at it, seeing as you had mentioned it previously to him before it went out of warranty, HOWEVER, it IS out of warranty and they might not want to play ball. best if you can put firm but polite pressure on that dealer, maybe a letter to the Dealer Principle to let him know what happened.

If you take it to another dealer then you will have to pay for diagnosis, the car is out of warranty, so they will require paying. If they can find what the fault is (injectors??? or whatever) then they would submit an out of warranty request to Toyota to see if they will pay/contribute. You MIGHT get your diagnosis money back depending on the outcome of the out of warranty request

I tell people on a weekly basis. If you have a fault on your car, and the warranty is due to expire, GET IT SORTED BEFORE the warranty expires., even if this means making a number of appointments to fix your car, this way, all of your visits will be recored. It is far easier to deal with warranty matters when the car is IN WARRANTY, once it's a day out of warranty, your rights are considerably less

Thanks

They had a look at it 3 times - twice was for the alloys as they initially said they had forgotten to report it to toyota and there was nothing they could do about it - only when I went to headquaters that they got them done...

Have all the emails about it from back then.

Will go back to them again or the groups owners - toyota Newport it was owned by sytner

Polite but very firm is the way forward ;)

thanks - out of interest how much is to have it scanned with the plug in jobby?

about half an hours labour

let me have it - how much is that?

Depends on your dealer labour rate, about £35 - £40 plus VAT, NOTE, plugging it into a tester may not reveal a problem, it may require further investigation

Depends on your dealer labour rate, about £35 - £40 plus VAT, NOTE, plugging it into a tester may not reveal a problem, it may require further investigation

Gulp - What are the techs there - failed dentists?

Hmmm. Bit short on the 'Polite'

Trev..

That's not what the Techs get. Just be glad you don't have a Beemer!!

oops - too many beers yesterday - my apologies

Been unemployed for a year and just picked up a job!!!

Nick

oops - too many beers yesterday - my apologies

Been unemployed for a year and just picked up a job!!!

Nick

Hey Nick, congrats on the job. Hope it works out :thumbsup: