Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Braided Brake Hoses

CorollaD4D

Hello all, i cannot seem to find braided brake hoses for my diesel corolla. does anyone know if a set of petrol engine or t-sport braided lines will fit on my derv? If yes can you kindly suggest where to get them from? europerformance?

Looking to change my brake hoses for braided ones next month, does anyone has a guide on brake bleeding please???

Do what I will do; 1. undo the bleed nipples 2. Pump the peddle 3. burst the system 4. Get bored and give it to the garage to do :P

:laughing:

on a corolla i seriously recommend an eezi bleed.

you can do it the old fashioned way too as kp said.

on a corolla i seriously recommend an eezi bleed.

you can do it the old fashioned way too as kp said.

seen one for £17 quid on screw fix!!

can't be that eezi can it?? lol

any more tips?? what order to bleed it and how to fill her back up

i am planning new front discs/pads along with brake fluid change and the braided hoses. i it may seem obvious but is this sensible to do this all at once, as in the same day at the garage?

i am planning new front discs/pads along with brake fluid change and the braided hoses. i it may seem obvious but is this sensible to do this all at once, as in the same day at the garage?

yeah, the major ballache is if you strip your nuts on the mild steel brake line. plenty of wd40 the night before should ease the pain.

yeah, the major ballache is if you strip your nuts on the mild steel brake line. plenty of wd40 the night before should ease the pain.

hehe thanks for the heads up mate. quick question - how much are braided hoses roughly? the ones i saw on fensport were around £60/70, i thought they'd be more expensive than that?

yep thats about what i paid,

one thing to do is if you get a stubborn one, go and cane the car with some heavy stops and get the brakes nice and warm. This will help ease the nut off.

i'll do that right before i take it to the garage since i don't do any work on my own car. a quick question...if i just get the discs/pads changed this time and then let them do the braided hoses and brake fluid together this would make more sense than changing brake fluid twice yes? once with the service and then once again while fitting braided hoses. just had a quick look and i think i'll have to do them in stages rather than all at once.

i did it in one go but i would imagine you could do it in stages. if you do the hoses first you will not need to bleed the brakes again. discs and pads do not require a brake bleed.

Also if you bleed them first then do the pads you won't have the problem of pushing the Calliper Piston back in at the back. ;)

im not too worried about mechanical troubles since i'm going to get my mechanic to fit them anyway but i'm somewhat confused.

is it possible to fit brake hoses without empyting and refilling the braking system with fluid? so i'm thinking to do discs and pads at front first because i really need them (i've got impaired braking right now) and i've just had the rears done only fronts left. after i'll let the discs and pads bed in and when i get my student funding i can then do the hoses and change the brake fluid in one go. from what i've understood that seems the best course of action?

resulting in only 1 braking bleed and only 1 change of brake fluid also?