Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent Help Needed

shocks

Hi all, i know i just joined and i guess there must be a right place to put this but i need your help asap, car was trailed to a garage yesterday and engine is out on monday workshop said if i get all the info i can they will do all they can to help, so i have read a couple of posts of engine re builds i need the following info,

pictures of these extra holes which you drill to help with oil flow

what is also worth doing whilst engine is out bearing in mind its already costing some to get it done if i am fixing new big end bearings and shells is it worth doing anymore to it, crank shaft is getting re ground done as well so info pictures and places to buy would be a great help

and once again thansks for your time.

• 4 months later...

Not sure if you guys want or need an update, but i have had the car back just over a month now after alot of work on the engine and changing many parts it has sparked new life into a great car, i bought this back in august but with the engine shop being chocker with cars and me being a fussy bugger we took alot longer getting it done, engine was stripped bare, polished and most parts replaced, head skimmed new values, bottom end was upgraded higher spec bearings and crank polished, and what not, looked quite impressive with the whole engine on a bench in parts pity i didnt get a picture to be honest. car has been run in and is so sweet, had a K&N induction kit fitted, scopian exhaust system throughout, EBC drilled and grooved discs all round with green stuff pads. had most of the non engine parts re placed rad starter motor and alternator, and most bushes just so i have to do nothing to it for a while.

its now in the body shop having rear and front lip spoiler fitted, factory standard ones nothing mad, and then a near full respray as its easier, rear windows have been removed and i have had the number plate on the fornt removed and filled in so i will get a smaller sticker plate made up which i feel gives it the better lines, all the interior is currently sitting in my living room, rear seats are being recovered with a black and grey fabric and i will have the front seats re trimmed when its back to me, then its hifi nothing mad and nothing cut into it so it will all be hidden. i had the wheels refurished and they are now back on charcoal grey looks really good as i love the standard wheels, windows have had a slight tint to give a bit more privacy and again it sets it off against the silver of the car.

i just need some advice as to where to run wires to rear Speakers as i have noticed a few wires running down both sides and dont want any interferance, also whilst all the interior is out is there anything worth checking before it all goes back in any faults you guys are aware of.

hope you found it interesting.

all the best

Certainly have found your update interesting.

You may wish to fit some Dynamat around the Boot area, there doesn't seem to be much sound proofing fitted at the factory. Bit puzzled about your question re rear Speakers though, the only benefit of upgraded ones will be for rear passengers only. Much better to have something like a four channel Amp with 10 or 12" Sub. and quality front component Speakers. If you're having a rear Spoiler fitted, are you also fitting the uprated Hatch Struts to cope with the extra weight?. Also, while the car is in the Body shop, now about a pair of Dynamic Skirts to match the deeper front Lip?