Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2010 Lowering

SRsmithy

hello all,=.

ive just purchased a 2010 auris sr 1.6 and it needs lowering.

can any1 tell me if the springs will be the same as a earlier auris?

ive looked on the computer at work and the part numbers for the standard springs are the same

yes. it is same. you can use Eibach springs. i use that one and i am very satisfied with the comfort of the car...eibach forever...

i want to use the tte springs, ive got them on my yaris sr and they r not to stiff so get a nice ride but they dont have alot of body roll, i pick the auris up thursday but its a little to high, ive been looking at the tte springs on eBay but toyota said the earlier 1s are different, but like i said they have only changed the bumpers and tuned the suspension and not swapped then

i want to use the tte springs, ive got them on my yaris sr and they r not to stiff so get a nice ride but they dont have alot of body roll, i pick the auris up thursday but its a little to high, ive been looking at the tte springs on ebay but toyota said the earlier 1s are different, but like i said they have only changed the bumpers and tuned the suspension and not swapped then

TTE springs are the same as Eibach springs ;)

Eibachs sells their springs to TTE, they put their stamp on it and sell it for more money :)

just so you know ;)

grts!

i heard that somewhere b4, but if i put toyota springs on i wont have to notify the insurance, thats another 1 i was told

You will have to notify them but they'll put it down as factory option rather than aftermarket parts.

• 2 weeks later...

just purchased my lowering springs, now fingers crossed and hope they fit.

went into toyota with a seal coming out of the spoiler and i spoke to the mechanic who said they will fit so here goes

pics to follow

• 2 weeks later...

just fitted my lowering springs and they make the car look sweeeeet lol

it sits just right with only about 1 inch hight from the wheels.

seem to take ages to do with hand tools, wish i did them at work, would have took around 30 min to do, they r that easy

just fitted my lowering springs and they make the car look sweeeeet lol

it sits just right with only about 1 inch hight from the wheels.

seem to take ages to do with hand tools, wish i did them at work, would have took around 30 min to do, they r that easy

please add some pictures...

• 2 weeks later...

picture of my auris sr before i lowered it,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

these r the pics of the Auris lowered 30mm, didn't drop it as much as i hoped but it sat much higher then most face lifted models for some reason.

i cant drop it much as i live in a area where there's lots of speed bumps but its made a difference on how it handles which is always better.

because its still under warranty i need to use genuine Toyota parts in case there's a problem with the car, i:e there was a knocking from the n/s/f shock and if i had after market springs then they said they wouldn't have sorted it out.

• 3 weeks later...

these r the pics of the Auris lowered 30mm, didn't drop it as much as i hoped but it sat much higher then most face lifted models for some reason.

i cant drop it much as i live in a area where there's lots of speed bumps but its made a difference on how it handles which is always better.

because its still under warranty i need to use genuine Toyota parts in case there's a problem with the car, i:e there was a knocking from the n/s/f shock and if i had after market springs then they said they wouldn't have sorted it out.

Hi.

What is your impression overall? Did you have to get the wheels aligned afterwards, for camber, toe in issues, or not?

I want to install them but im not so sure if they improve the handling/response. The looks are almost the same, comparing your pics before and after. Maybe it is more noticeable at the rear end.

Regards.

hi aurum, its made a difference, it corners better and doesnt wander when braking at high speeds, and ya right it is more noticable on the rear but overall im happy with them, its also not much stiffer than the standard springs.

as for fitting them i didnt have to set the camber or do the alignment as i put the hubs back in the same spot where id already marked them.

the alignment moved 1 mm but mine was set at +2mm so put it right but would have done it at work if it was needed, but i would get it checked tho to make sure it was set correctly

Thanks for your reply.

The car still seems pretty high :(

I was thinking of lowering my Auris as well, by using -35mm springs (H&R) but seeing this I think it's a waste of money (for me) and maybe I should save some more for a coilover kit :)

grts

Hi everybody,

I have a 2008 Auris stock suspension. The gravity center of the car is very high, however, my bigger "issue" is with the behavior of suspension.

2 Toyota dealers say it's fine and normal, however, I'm not pleased with the answer.

My car, on every road, even the finest ones, goes a little like jumping, meaning by this that a single small hole in the road or oscilation you feel it inside the car. Specially if you go on slow speed (< 10-20 kms/h), the car feels like almost constantly jumping.

The suspension was submitted to a machine to test the suspension efficiency, which was around 85% on the 4 wheels. However the handling feels strange and unconfortable, even Toyota dealers claim to feel it, but claim it as normal.

Not sure what to do, but wondering if the Motorsport/TTE/Eibach springs would make the car better, lowering the gravity center, making it a little harder, helping me solving this "issue".

Had anyone feel this "issue" in stock suspension? Or does the lowering springs help you feel less this small differences on good roads?

God the car is unconfortable...

Hello SRsmithy

I have an 1.33 Auris 2010 and I want to know what size are the tires on your car.

Thank you

Hello SRsmithy

I have an 1.33 Auris 2010 and I want to know what size are the tires on your car.

Thank you

hi constantinkamal, mine are the standard wheels and are sat on 225/45/17 dunlop sport 01 tyres, will be upgrading them to dunlop sport 01 runflats when they need replacing as mine dont have a spare tyre :ffs:

Thanks for your reply.

The car still seems pretty high :(

I was thinking of lowering my Auris as well, by using -35mm springs (H&R) but seeing this I think it's a waste of money (for me) and maybe I should save some more for a coilover kit :)

grts

hi, for some reason my car was very high off the wheels aroumd a 4in gap which was more like a 4x4 truck, it was difficult to wash the roof it was that high, im nearly 6ft so its dropped it quite alot from the standard ride hight, but yeah its still a little high but im happy with the way it looks, and its great on corners