Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Stig Unmasked... By His Own Company Accounts

Raistlin

The true identity of The Stig has been a closely-guarded secret for the last seven years - so much so that the BBC is currently taking legal action to prevent the Top Gear star publishing his autobiography.

But the Corporation's defensive bid to silence The Stig - as revealed by The Mail last week - appears to have intensified attempts to unmask him once and for all.

New evidence has been unearthed which appears to prove that the TV racing driver is in fact Ben Collins, a 35-year-old from Bristol.

Although Mr Collins' name has been suggested before, it is only now that company documents have been unearthed which link him to the TV role.

article-1305162-0A8C0720000005DC-864_468x537.jpg

Unmasked: Top Gear star The Stig with special guests Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise.

The Stig's true identity has been revealed as Ben Collins

The accounts of Collins Autosport, the driver's company, show he established an important commercial relationship with Top Gear at the same time as the new white-clad Stig appeared on our screens, replacing the original 'black' Stig.

According to The Sunday Times, the accounts reveal that in December 2003, a month after the new Stig's first appearance, the firm recorded a 'cornerstone year'.

article-1305162-0AE0D9C8000005DC-789_233x423.jpg

Out of character: Ben Collins, as he looks without his helmet and visor

This was partly down to 'driving services provided for the BBC, mainly in the Top Gear programme', according to the report.

Tellingly, the directors indicated that the work consisted of more than just the occasional stunt, reporting that it 'offers good long-term prospects for continuing income'.

When contacted by the newspaper, Mr Collins evaded the question of him being the true Stig.

'I can't speak to you, I'm going into a tunnel,' he said.

Later calls were diverted to an answerphone.

The Daily Mail revealed last week that the BBC is so desperate to stop The Stig revealing his identity that it has called in the lawyers.

They have warned him that publication would breach his 'contractual' and 'confidentiality' obligations to the programme.

It is understood that publishers representing the racing driver have hit back with their own legal letters, raising the prospect of an embarrassing court battle.

Insiders fear the Corporation will end up axing the driver over the dispute, which has said to have deeply upset the show's frontman Jeremy Clarkson.

article-1305162-0AD82CB6000005DC-953_468x286.jpg

Team: The Stig with Top Gear presenters, from left, Richard Hammond, James May and Jeremy Clarkson.

The BBC is trying to stop The Stig revealing his true identity in an autobiography, others have suggested The Stig may quit over the stand-off.

A BBC spokesman said: 'It's no surprise that Ben Collins' company accounts show that he was driving for Top Gear as he has appeared on the programme as himself, for example in the Mitsubishi Evo Challenge.

'Ben supplies his services as a driver himself and his company also supplies other drivers.

'There is nothing to be read into in these company documents.

'We won't be saying who or what The Stig is.'

I'd like to know who he is as he's far too close to the lovely Cameron in that photo boxing.gif

Had her laugh.gif

But at least she's seen it, It was like a remake of the Fast & Furious yahoo.gif

It's not my natural pallor, it's due to too much sunlight wacko.gif

Shouldn't it be covered mate? :thumbsup:

Definitely! :sick: Then Raist could earn money by displaying it in a freak show :eek: :lol2::disgust:

Yeh, your ego has always been a tough one to keep under wraps, yer little thing is simply an innocent bystander...

Yeh, your ego has always been a tough one to keep under wraps, yer little thing is simply an innocent bystander...

Everything is in the shadow of my greatness cool.gif

Your modesty appears to have a fair say..... rolleyes.gif

Let my light shine on the proles...

Your modesty appears to have a fair say..... rolleyes.gif

Let my light shine on the prolls...

"Let my light shine on the proles" & direct them from the path I've taken. May they see this light & be able to read a Dictionary :bookworm: :sneaky2: :lol2:

This is doubly embarrassing for him seeing as he has sent me a PM showing me how to install the very same spell check that he himself uses... :laughing::yahoo:

This is doubly embarrassing for him seeing as he has sent me a PM showing me how to install the very same spell check that he himself uses... :laughing::yahoo:

wots a Pryme Meenister got tae dae with it?

wots a Pryme Meenister got tae dae with it?

I need a level of teacher to match that of my genius....

......So, a complete spakka then! :lol: