Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla 2010 2Nd Gear Problem

Roman.k

Hallo.

Month a go i bought brand new toyota corolla 2010 manual transmission 6 speeds, the gear is ok but there is a very annoying problem.

When shifting from 1st to 2nd the shifting stick is like "jumping" inside the gear and i can hear some "clunk" from the gear, it is not smooth like in other shifts when shifting

from 3rd to 2nd no such thing. this is not heppening all the time.

it's like going through two gears 1st clunk clunk 2nd and when you are trying to perform quick shifting you'll got stick jumps inside + clunck noise from the gear.

Someone knows about this issue ??

is it ok in corolla 2010 gear ?? should i ask toyota to repair it or it's better not to touch the gear?

p.s sorry for spelling

Thanks alot for your halp

We don't have the Corolla now in the UK so unable to comment really.

If it's new why not ask the dealer... maybe ask them if you can try another similar one to see.

It may be that what you have is sold as the Auris here so I would suggest your posting something in the Auris forum rather than here ;)

Hallo.

Month a go i bought brand new toyota corolla 2010 manual transmission 6 speeds, the gear is ok but there is a very annoying problem.

When shifting from 1st to 2nd the shifting stick is like "jumping" inside the gear and i can hear some "clunk" from the gear, it is not smooth like in other shifts when shifting

from 3rd to 2nd no such thing. this is not heppening all the time.

it's like going through two gears 1st clunk clunk 2nd and when you are trying to perform quick shifting you'll got stick jumps inside + clunck noise from the gear.

Someone knows about this issue ??

is it ok in corolla 2010 gear ?? should i ask toyota to repair it or it's better not to touch the gear?

p.s sorry for spelling

Thanks alot for your halp

Hi Roman,

The corolla over here that uses the 6 speed manual has been suffering a number of failures. The fix for the problem appears to be the fitment of a heavy duty sport clutch and pressure plate assembly.If you browse the net sites over here (Australia)and look for "gearbox or clutch problems/Sportivo corolla/au", I think you will find you are not alone. Generally if you drive nice and sedately you will find the problem isn't noticeable,however, if you like the feeling of the shove in the back after you pass 6300rpm between gears, you'll probably notice it most of the time.

Hope this is of some help,

Cheers Greg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links