Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

In Car Sat Nab Dvd

Fozzy

Hi

Ive just bough a tv dvd sat nav system for my 7th gen celica im doing the install myself and wondering if anybody knows how the sony system pops out and if anybody has run cable to back of vehicle, whether its easier to run it on right or left hand side

ive also bought lowering springs which will drop it 35mm, which im gonna do next week has anybody on here lowered their 7th gen if so what wheels they running, im think of going 17" maybe 18" depends whether they rub. anywayz any help would be great.oh one other thing anybody know where i can get a blanking plate to cover up the spare hole which is going to be left when i fit the single system. (dvd)

HI again Fozzy

The Sony system does not POP OUT!

Its bolted into a cage which in turn has 4 bolts into the bulkhead as a security measure. The only way to remove it is to remove the dash surround.

Start with the gear surround plastic, the end nearest the rear of the car lifts up....then just work your way upwards, removing Climate control and finally audio surround / cubby hole unit.

Most screws and bolts are obviously placed ...just start from the bottom.

Re the wheels.....most peeps on Cel;ic-club are running 18 and this still leaves huge gaps in the arches until lowered. Some people have 19's so dont worry re the fit. Just ensure the corrent fit....PCD 100, 5 stud, et I think is 35 to 38.

The only issue you need to worry about relates to your earlier thread on kits. Some kits like the veilside are very low and with lowering springs...life becomes tougher still!

I am currently fiiting a pc and audio system to my G7. The PC will have sat nav using a voice software based on autoroute 2004....£29!!!!!!!!!!! Bargain

Hope this piccy helps.....

http://mysite.freeserve.com/g7cel/images/1...868217902193579

Many of your questions have been answered a thousand times on celica-club......without plugging it too much...pay it a visit as well as this site, like I do. The meets are great also! Many of our members are members on here too! Clubs need to support each other.

Hi

Cheers mate youve just probs saved me a good hour of head scratching. might lay loom this week and put mod and ariels in weekend, i paid £1000 pounds for the full system i guess thats a good deal with tv dvd and sat nav inc it flips out on a motor kenwood, just took it out of my mates vr6 heads in the shed atm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links