Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check Engine Light

alniz

The check engine light moniters the sensorsin the engine.You are probably noticing lower fuel economy and perhaps poor performance.

This can be checked with a scanner-usually for free at Auto-Zone to see which one it is.

Even if the light goes out the code is still held in the computer.

• 4 weeks later...

That is funny you say this because I have a 2000 corrolla with 57000 miles on it and the check engine light is on. I have had it check about 5 times over the past month and they do not seem to know what the problem is. very frustrating. let me know if you find anything out.

I have no idea how old this post is I was just doing a google search for information on what coudl be the problem and your post came up.

Kim

Hi- I don't know if this is the same problem but this use to happen to my Volvo a lot, when I looked into it I found out that all new cars (1998 onward, Toyo included) have a special gas cap mechanism to prevent vapor leakage; if you top the tank off when filling up it creates some weird dynamic on the fuel sensors (similar to what the other post indicated) so, to stop this from happening, I stop the gas pump when it shuts off by itself, or if I'm at a full service gas station I tell the attendant NOT to top it off (they like doing this to avoid odd numbered dollar amounts); ever since I started this the light has not come on once, good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

our camry engine light comes on when you turn on the cruise control sometimes.

its a throttle position sensor, ive just not replaced it yet.