Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Feetronic Issue

Sheffs

Hello I am new to here but hoping someone can help me or offer some advice ?

I have a 2000 W Yaris GS 1.0 Freetronic which has a couple of problems.

1. The Battery goes flat when not used for over a day checked nothing is left on and have had the battery/alternator checked

2. It will not always start first time ( had new starter motor earlier this year ) however will usually start if put into first then back to neutral before starting

3. Sometime quite jumpy if first gear and occasionaly in second gear

4. It does not like going from 5th gear to 4th gear atall does make a grinding sound but whirrrs loudly but if go back to 3rd then back to 4th it is fine

Any advise or help anyone can offer ? Let me know if more info need new to this and car owning !

Thankyou

Sheff

sorry forgot to mention also engine malfunction light has come on and have been advised is to do with the lambda sensor

Your Battery going flat in 24 hours indicates that either it is shot or you have a major current flow.. Typically interior lights. Does your car have a boot light? Is it on when the boot is closed.

Did a garage test for current flows? Easy to do..

It is conceivable your new starter was not earthed fully and you have a bad earth connection..

How long does recharging the Battery take?

As for Freetronic, imo that's a Toyota job....

I am guessing your Battery is french connection UK-ed.

As they get old, they just suddenly give up the ghost. Get a new one, then see if the electronics work with a better power delivery...

As with the freetronic transmission, if not improved by a new Battery, the best advice, although this wont help you, is to STEER CLEAR OF THEM!!! Buy a manual car or a later, proper auto... :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links