Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diskbrake Rusting Issue

BarryIQ

Hi, my IQ2 has only been driven ~6000miles and the diskbrake is rusting badly and it looks like an old car...

Is that normal and happening to everyone?

Nope that's not true...................the rust comes back after you park your car (happens within hours and purely surfacerust)

Maybe your brakes are mailfunctioning and don't work at front or rearside? then and you must go to your dealer and have them fix it.

• Like 1

Morning BarryIQ,

Macabeus is right, that was the same advice my local garage gave me. You do have to be pretty heavy handed with the brakes, I find it best if I'm coming off the motorway late at night best, nobody about, so you can really plant your foot, does get rid of most of the rust, plus not sure if you're getting a squeaking noise, but it will sort that too.

Hope that helps.

hello i find if you take off the tyre and go along the disk brakes with a wire brush and then take it for a spin it clears it for a few weeks!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links