Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Battery

MarsKy

Battery has died on me for a second time. I had lots of sulphation on the +ve terminal.

Anyway, just installed a new Varta G7 from this lot: Varta G7 Battery (Ordered 11 am Monday, arrived 10.30am Tuesday).

Okay - I know it's a wee bit expensive for a Battery, but it's higher spec, should do well come winter, and Varta have a good reputation.

Anyway - is the Battery considered a consumable, or is it still covered under the 3 year warranty?

And anyone with an extended warranty, is it covered to 5 years?

Battery has died on me for a second time. I had lots of sulphation on the +ve terminal.

Anyway, just installed a new Varta G7 from this lot: Varta G7 Battery (Ordered 11 am Monday, arrived 10.30am Tuesday).

Okay - I know it's a wee bit expensive for a battery, but it's higher spec, should do well come winter, and Varta have a good reputation.

Anyway - is the battery considered a consumable, or is it still covered under the 3 year warranty?

DUNNO BUT THE OLD ONES WORTH A BIT FOR SCRAP

Should be covered but I doubt you will get your money back as they usually want to change it.

You shouldn't be on your 2nd Battery - something is wrong.

Battery warranty is 3 years, but you wont get a replacement for it now you have changed it, or indeed your money back from Toyota for it

It is either faulty or something is draining the Battery

There is a procedure to go through, your dealer has a Battery tester which downloads the battery condition, that info is then passed on to Toyota with the claim, you cant attached any old condition report with the claim either, it knows what battery it has tested :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

you wont get a replacement for it now you have changed it, or indeed your money back from Toyota for it

I'm not looking for my money back - just a replacement for the faulty one.

And if it proves to be faulty, why wouldn't they replace it? I would need to put a working Battery in the RAV to be able to take the faulty one to the dealer.

I'm not sure what you want now :rolleyes:

Your OP suggests that you wanted a Varta Battery because it will be better as it's higher powered especially in the winter. Could you not charge the original Battery to get to your dealer? was it so dead it could not be jump started? It just seems a bit drastic to order a new Battery online when your car is under warranty and you could have a straight replacement without having to buy a battery. If you take your car and battery to the dealer, have it checked and replaced if faulty (IF its faulty, you could have something draining it or a charging fault) then the dealer will replace it, you then have a new Toyota battery and a Varta battery stuck in your garage, unless you can send it back of course, which all seems a bit long winded

I'm not sure what you want now :rolleyes:

Your OP suggests that you wanted a Varta battery because it will be better as it's higher powered especially in the winter. Could you not charge the original battery to get to your dealer? was it so dead it could not be jump started? It just seems a bit drastic to order a new battery online when your car is under warranty and you could have a straight replacement without having to buy a battery. If you take your car and battery to the dealer, have it checked and replaced if faulty (IF its faulty, you could have something draining it or a charging fault) then the dealer will replace it, you then have a new Toyota battery and a Varta battery stuck in your garage, unless you can send it back of course, which all seems a bit long winded

After a flat Battery twice in the last few months, and especially with sulphation around the terminals, my faith in the OEM Battery died when it died. I work abroad quite a bit, so I don't fancy leaving my RAV for 2 weeks at Edinburgh airport come winter, and getting stranded at 11.30pm at night. So I've bought the higher spec, maintenance free, Varta G7.

But I am still entitled under warranty for a replacement of the dead Battery, should it prove faulty (if they can resurrect it, fair enough). But either way, I can use the replacement or resurrected battery for other purposes.

I don't fancy jump starting and driving with a battery that is dead - and I don't need to as I have the Varta fitted.

Fair enough, it was just confusing that you will end up with two batteries when one would do, but if you have another use for one of them, cool ;)

Fair enough, it was just confusing that you will end up with two batteries when one would do, but if you have another use for one of them, cool ;)

Apologies for not being clearer.

My dad's caravan will always welcome a new or reconditioned Battery. And they are handy to power lamps or small TVs in power cuts.

Okay - I know it's a wee bit expensive for a battery, but it's higher spec, should do well come winter, and Varta have a good reputation.

Anyway - is the battery considered a consumable, or is it still covered under the 3 year warranty?

hello mate

i ve just contacted our dealership and they stated the first 3 years MrT warranty (for new car officially sold)even covers the Battery during 3 years, but after this period is finished the Battery is considered as normal consumable and subjected to ne year warranty. I ve the same one year warranty since march once have been changed. I hope this helps. .Cheers/Igor