Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xenon Bulbs On A 4.3

bluevortex

Just wondering if anybody has replaced the original headlight bulbs on a 4.3 with 3rd party xenon blue or ice white bulbs? i am interested in replacing them as I like the look but don't much about them, if they are easy to replace and what the correct fitment is?

Cheers

Blue

Just wondering if anybody has replaced the original headlight bulbs on a 4.3 with 3rd party xenon blue or ice white bulbs? i am interested in replacing them as I like the look but don't much about them, if they are easy to replace and what the correct fitment is?

Cheers

Blue

Local Hero's yer man for this one. He'll look in when he's finished chauferring celebs around Manchester [or painting the hallway - is that done yet Stew?] :thumbsup:

Cheers

Blue

Local Hero's yer man for this one. He'll look in when he's finished chauferring celebs around Manchester [or painting the hallway - is that done yet Stew?] :thumbsup:

Yes just got in since 0700 this morning not chaufered any celebs about today, hoping to get Man City's new owner in

my cab as he's reportedly worth "Trillions" surely a £100,000 tip would be small change to him and i can retire :lol:

No hall isnt finished :( tiling my new loo at the Mo...Anyway on to bulbs..for main beams you want HB3s... for dipped beams you want H11s (not H1s).. to double check, if your handbook is the same as mine page437 gives a list..they are relatively easy to fit even Big Kev has done it :yes: page 438 shows how to do it, but to get at them you have to remove the plastic cover that runs around the front of the engine bay page 431 shows how to do that :yes: Now the bulbs i have are "RING" ultimate 100% brighter.. I got these mail order delivered next day from Autobulbs Direct at a good price + they are quite impressive, hope this helps (just google autobulbs direct + it will come up)or theres a link on my previous posts if you do a search, :thumbsup: Stew

I changed the headlight bulbs for Osram Nightbreakers in both the Rav I owned and my current car and the difference is very noticeable. Defiantly worth the money and with the projector headlights they work even better. As stated above very easy to do, well if I can do it, anyone can!!

I believe the Ring +100% are even better than the NightBreakers

I changed the headlight bulbs for Osram Nightbreakers in both the Rav I owned and my current car and the difference is very noticeable. Defiantly worth the money and with the projector headlights they work even better. As stated above very easy to do, well if I can do it, anyone can!!

I believe the Ring +100% are even better than the NightBreakers

Yup, went for the Rings for the 4.2 and the GV and also got them from Autobulbs direct. Happy to endorse both choices and deffo worth the money - especially this morning when the Dartmoor weather is vile, wet, windy and as dark as a cow's g*ts. The good news? I could see where was going and we are posting this weather off to most of you folk later on!

Mike D

Okay thanks for the heads up on this one. I have had a look and decided to purchase both HB3 & H11 Ring from a seller on eBay. I got a full set for £41 delivered instead of the £58+P&P from autobulbs direct! A nice little saving I reckon. I Look forward to seeing further and more clearly :D

Okay thanks for the heads up on this one. I have had a look and decided to purchase both HB3 & H11 Ring from a seller on ebay. I got a full set for £41 delivered instead of the £58+P&P from autobulbs direct! A nice little saving I reckon. I Look forward to seeing further and more clearly :D

do you have the link for those on eBay I would like to order the same for my xt5 4.3 56 plate ?

daVID

Okay thanks for the heads up on this one. I have had a look and decided to purchase both HB3 & H11 Ring from a seller on ebay. I got a full set for £41 delivered instead of the £58+P&P from autobulbs direct! A nice little saving I reckon. I Look forward to seeing further and more clearly :D

do you have the link for those on eBay I would like to order the same for my xt5 4.3 56 plate ?

daVID

No worries have found them and including postage from 2 suppliers a total of £39.47 well chuffed

sorry just picked up your reply but glad you got sorted

Glad you got sorted + found them cheaper TBH when i bought my H11s only Osram + autobulbs (own Brand)did a H11 but as they have become a more common fitment "ring" have introducrd them as well.. I think i paid £24.99 for mine inc P+P + a free set of led sidelight bulbs that didn't last very long..anyway good luck + hope your pleased with them :thumbsup: Stew

Glad you got sorted + found them cheaper TBH when i bought my H11s only Osram + autobulbs (own Brand)did a H11 but as they have become a more common fitment "ring" have introducrd them as well.. I think i paid £24.99 for mine inc P+P + a free set of led sidelight bulbs that didn't last very long..anyway good luck + hope your pleased with them :thumbsup: Stew

Thanks for the info - looking forward to getting them!

New bulbs have arrived. Fitted in just about 5 minutes or so. Looking forward to using when driving at night now. Will go out later when it is dark just to see them on the drive! Wow I cannoit believe what a big kid I am over the new RAV4. Really enjoying getting it ready for driving.

David

New bulbs have arrived. Fitted in just about 5 minutes or so. Looking forward to using when driving at night now. Will go out later when it is dark just to see them on the drive! Wow I cannoit believe what a big kid I am over the new RAV4. Really enjoying getting it ready for driving.

David

Are the bulbs you got 55W or 100W as both seem to be available?

The upgrades that LH got for me were 55W and surprisingly good. 100 watters are technically illegal.

The upgrades that LH got for me were 55W and surprisingly good. 100 watters are technically illegal.

That's kind of what I thought. 55 waters it is then. I thought the 100w may draw too much for the loom to handle safely.

That's kind of what I thought. 55 waters it is then. I thought the 100w may draw too much for the loom to handle safely.

Just got round to fitting my new bulbs and was fairly simple compared some headlights that I have changed before. I plan on going for a spin later on to see how much better they are! Tell me is it worth upgrading the side light bulbs? I know they are only 5W but I was thinking there maybe an improved version that would match my new baby's? Oh and are they know as 501 fitment?

cheers

Heyup Blue.

Yes they are 501 capless bulbs. The big Scot from 39 stepps knows a supplier for some nice leds that have a pure white/blueish tint.

I will take you a photo of mine this weekend.

Heyup Blue.

Yes they are 501 capless bulbs. The big Scot from 39 stepps knows a supplier for some nice leds that have a pure white/blueish tint.

I will take you a photo of mine this weekend.

They sound like what i'm after... just to complete the look. I went for a run last night and was impressed by the RING bulbs and I think they warranted being changed! The distance they projected has been increased which is especially good for deer spotting on the the very remote country roads up here!

Now what's the next upgrade?

Cheers

Blue

Boot lighting was one of my most useful pimps. Will be getting some for this new one when I go the USA soon.

Now what's the next upgrade?

I'm here Blue :lol: Chip it!

Kingo :thumbsup:

TWIN EXHAUSTS :thumbsup:

newexhaust207.jpg

Well yes apart from that Stew :crybaby:

I will get killed for spending that on it just now.

Blue. Here are the sidelight upgrades I was on about. You'll have to ask BK for the details.

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

Big Kev got them for me. I've got them in my No plate lights as well. You can pm him for info or just wait till this message gets through the very slow scottish electric wires!

They are white with a blueish tint and the photo makes them look slightly brighter than they really are.

Hoggy....ebay item 270551558127. Order two pairs, as I had one pair go faulty by flashing after about three months. Current pair totally fine. At £3.00 odds a pair, superb value and have been remarked on favourably, even by a decent traffic polis !!!!

Can we also have a referendum on banning Local Hero from posting photos of his twin exhausts ? Why can't he leave us all alone in our one pipe misery ????

Big Kev. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links