Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xenon Bulbs On A 4.3

bluevortex

Can we also have a referendum on banning Local Hero from posting photos of his twin exhausts ? Why can't he leave us all alone in our one pipe misery ????

Big Kev. :thumbsup:

Okay, got the subtle hint :yes: unless the topic justifies it no more photos of my twin exhaust,A bar, side steps, roof rails S/S grille, private reg, window visors, cill guards, corner protectors, or spare wheel (nice + snug on my rear door) :thumbsup: Stew

Anch - thanks for the heads up BK on the case for me!

My rav4 want list now consists of side steps, front guard, snow tyres, twin exhaust, boot liner, boot protective film stuff, dog guard/net and 30m2 of block paving for the drive - the latter I'm including because I have decided these chucky's are horrible things and my Rav deserves better + good wash & detailing facilities here at home. Note - I am not including a brand new double garage on the list at this point, gonna save that for my 2012 4.4 want list!!!

Unfortunately, none of these look likely any time this year as my wife now wants to work part-time to spend more time with our wee boy! Doesn't she know I need Rav toys ha ha....

Blue

Hi Big Kev,

Many thanks for your reply and the information! I ordered a couple of sets of the bulbs yesterday and look forward to fitting them soon!!

Cheers mate.

Paul.

Now what's the next upgrade?

I'm here Blue :lol: Chip it!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Kingo,

Here in the country which God manufactured personally, "Chip It" means throw it away / discard the item / bin it.

Perhaps you should re-phrase your invitation for Blue to upgrade the output of his vehicle to "why not fit an uprated ECU widgetty thing so that you can catch the fleeing deer more easily....?"

Just a fought....

Big Kev :lol:

Aye and chucky means stone. Can't you scottish speak english like wot we do?

Interesting topic fellas, Have been wanted to replace my bulbs for xenon for a long time now and never got round to it

What do I need to order? Would like to replace main and side lights on my 2006 T180, could someone advise which bulbs I need and where to get them.

Purchased some blue tinted bulbs for my number plate weeks ago from Halfords but I cannot for the life of me get the bulb covers off- great start! As a result they are still in the glovebox

How easy is it to replace the headlights?

Any help greatly appriciated

Cheers

Interesting topic fellas, Have been wanted to replace my bulbs for xenon for a long time now and never got round to it

What do I need to order? Would like to replace main and side lights on my 2006 T180, could someone advise which bulbs I need and where to get them.

Purchased some blue tinted bulbs for my number plate weeks ago from halfords but I cannot for the life of me get the bulb covers off- great start! As a result they are still in the glovebox

Cheers

If you go back to first page in this topic there is a post from Local Hero with the bulb details :thumbsup:

Purchased some blue tinted bulbs for my number plate weeks ago from halfords but I cannot for the life of me get the bulb covers off- great start! As a result they are still in the glovebox

Cheers

If you read thru from the first page of the topic it pretty much answers all your questions, I personally think you should replace Main + dipped bulbs first + then sidelights (they are really only cosmetic) but worth doing :yes: here is my original reply, although other members have now found cheaper suppliers on eBay :thumbsup: Stew

.for main beams you want HB3s... for dipped beams you want H11s (not H1s).. to double check, if your handbook is the same as mine page437 gives a list..they are relatively easy to fit even Big Kev has done it page 438 shows how to do it, but to get at them you have to remove the plastic cover that runs around the front of the engine bay page 431 shows how to do that Now the bulbs i have are "RING" ultimate 100% brighter.. I got these mail order delivered next day from Autobulbs Direct at a good price + they are quite impressive, hope this helps (just google autobulbs direct + it will come up)or theres a link on my previous posts if you do a search, Stew

Cheers

Getting the Main and Dip bulbs out is easy. They just twist about 30 degrees and then "come away in your hand". There is a picture in the owners handbook that shows how to change the bulbs. It is also worth checking the bulb type in the handbook as some of the websites have the wrong information.

To add to Stewpot's excellent re-publishment, although I can't remember if it was the full or dipped beam bulb, but it's the one with the 90 degree connector block. This bulb had a rubber washer on it to prevent condensation one presumes, and on removing the old right angled bulbs, I left both of these washers still firmly stuck to where the bulb came out from. The new bulbs, complete with new washers, obviously would not seat in the quarter turn orifice, as they were now fighting with the old sealing washer also too forbye.

After much calling out for Robin Hood's parish priest, the penny dropped, and I removed the superfluous washer. Prey hesto...new bulb locked.

There is also a wee tip for making replacement of driver's side bulbs easier, which I got from El Hombre D'Anchoros...

undo the wee securing black buttony thing which secures the neck of the screenwash bottle to a crossmember, and this will allow you to bend it out of the way.....saves all that practicing for gynaecology exam and speeds up joab no end.

As usual, I accept no fee for the foregoing....

Big Kev :thumbsup:

To add to Stewpot's excellent re-publishment, although I can't remember if it was the full or dipped beam bulb, but it's the one with the 90 degree connector block. This bulb had a rubber washer on it to prevent condensation one presumes, and on removing the old right angled bulbs, I left both of these washers still firmly stuck to where the bulb came out from. The new bulbs, complete with new washers, obviously would not seat in the quarter turn orifice, as they were now fighting with the old sealing washer also too forbye.

After much calling out for Robin Hood's parish priest, the penny dropped, and I removed the superfluous washer. Prey hesto...new bulb locked.

There is also a wee tip for making replacement of driver's side bulbs easier, which I got from El Hombre D'Anchoros...

undo the wee securing black buttony thing which secures the neck of the screenwash bottle to a crossmember, and this will allow you to bend it out of the way.....saves all that practicing for gynaecology exam and speeds up joab no end.

As usual, I accept no fee for the foregoing....

Big Kev :thumbsup:

This may not have been nessecary but I removed the black plastic trim above the radiator. It's secured by about 8 plastic pop rivets and as BK says also removed the screenwash bottle to make access that wee bit easier. I also used some vinyl disposable gloves so as not to transfer harmful oils from my fingers onto the new bulbs glass. Its not difficult, just note the angle the originals are removed, make sure the washers are aligned and thats abut it. Sidelights are on there way.... thanks to BK

Oh and I used autoperformance on eBay HB3' & HB11's £41 delivered.

Blue

Kingo,

Here in the country which God manufactured personally, "Chip It" means throw it away / discard the item / bin it.

Perhaps you should re-phrase your invitation for Blue to upgrade the output of his vehicle to "why not fit an uprated ECU widgetty thing so that you can catch the fleeing deer more easily....?"

Just a fought....

Big Kev :lol:

Big Kev

ECU widgetty is a fine name for it, I knew the "Big man" would have a suitably Scottishy namification for such an item :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links