Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Madvinegar's Corolla

madvinegar

Ill get my ticket :lol:

Thanks for the help :thumbsup: i soon will be converting my 3zz into a 1zz too so this thread has been a great help to me :thumbsup:

If you have any questions, let me know. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm chilean, and I have an e12 brazilian corolla, its the same, but with the interior trim and some power train made in brazil (not are the worst parts, but I prefer the USA made or obviously Japan made)......I have to say that I'm very impressed with the work that you've done, I found this cause I'll do it the next week, and I was searching for references and ECU's issues that can complicate my project, I will do it cause my valve system fail, and broken some valves and buy the valves, spring, supports, etc. cost me much more than buy a used engine with 40.000km (25.000miles), so I wanna know it......I'm an enthusiast of automotive technology, so I'm doing a custom multi-link rear suspension with a HSLA crossmember, so when I can, I'd upload photos if you're interested on it....

....Congratulations Madvinegar, nice work, I like it and help me so much!! thanks! and nice car.....

greetings from Chile!

Thank you so much for your nice comments and good luck with your project!

• 4 months later...

So you firstly have 1.4 VVTi engine, like me, so which inlet manifold can i fit (for better air flow) without bigger problems ? From wich engine ?

the 1zz engine (1.8L) har the biggest inlet and trottlebody and will bolt straigth on to your 4zz engine (1.4)

• 7 months later...

Hi all again. Been away from the forum for some time (personal stuff).

Hope you are all well.

I made a few changes in my car (rims and front spoiler). I fitted 17"rims (205/45/17) and the TTE front lower lip.

Also, yesterday we had a dyno-day with the corollaclub in Greece. I dyno-tested my car and it was nice to see that after more than 40.000km from when I did the conversion, the engine is still as good as it was and produces the same HP and torque. More specifically 142Hp and 17,5kgms of torque. The curves/lines in the dyno-diagram were nice and smooth, and remember that I have not reprogrammed the ECU or changed injectors etc. As soon as I get the diagrams from the dyno-shop I will upload and post them here.

Also, some pics of the car from yesterday's meeting and a video. Any comments are welcome! :clap:

cor3.jpg

cor2.jpg

cor1.jpg

cor4.jpg

[/media]

So I just got in my hands the diagrams from the dyno. If you will recall, I had dyno-tested the car two years ago. The funny thing is that whilst my HP curve remains the same after two years (HP to rpm ratio), my torque curve has clearly improved(!)

I made a comparison. The left side is the old dyno-torque results, and the right side is the new results.

2000 rpm: 138nm ---> 144nm

2500 rpm: 150nm ---> 154nm

3000 rpm: 152nm ---> 155nm

3500 rpm: 147nm ---> 152,5nm

4000 rpm: 156nm ---> 159nm

4500 rpm: 166nm ---> 169nm

4750 rpm: 167,5nm ---> 169,5

5000 rpm: 167nm ---> 167,5nm

5500 rpm: 162,5nm ---> 163,5

6000 rpm: 159nm ---> 160,5nm

6500 rpm: 156nm ---> 154nm

So as you see I have gained from 2 to 6 NM in all the range.

This is just great. It means that after the conversion (when I installed the brand new 1zz parts), the engine needed to be run for some thousand kilometers (like when you buy a new car) so as the metals to "sit and work" properly and more freely.

I would like to note that I have not made any mechanical change.

I attach herebelow the HP and Torque diagram ( so as you could see how smooth the curves are even if I have not reprogrammed the ECU - and I am not going to) and also another short video. Hope you enjoy.

toyotacorolla18zmn7627p.jpg

toyotacorolla18zmn7627t.jpg

I made a comparison-chart between my torque of two years ago, and my torque of this year.

Much better huh? :)

35258662.jpg

Would a 1zz-fe exhaust manifold fit the 4zz-fe engine?

Thanks mate

Yes it would. You just have to take something into account.

The profacelift corolla has the main calayst attached on the exhaust manifold. The 1zz exhaust manifold does not have any catalyst attached.

Therefore, you will have to buy a new catalyst which will have to be positioned after the 1zz exhaust manifold (or you could cut your catalyst out of the 1.4 exhaust manifold and use it).

In order to do this, you will have to remove completely your pro-catalyst (1.4 and 1.6 E12s have two catalysts - one main and one smaller called procatalyst) and in the place of the procatalyst you can place the main catalyst.

I don't know if the above was clear enough. In case you have anu questions, let me know.

Also, just to let you know that I received your PM.

• 3 weeks later...

Like the new D1 Spec weighted gear knob on my TTE short shift???

img9139l.jpg

dsc0027yl.jpg

dsc0028nk.jpg

dsc0029vx.jpg

dsc0030gw.jpg

dsc0031ip.jpg

dsc0033qor.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Short ride to my country house, quick wash and a few photos. Hope you enjoy!

dsc00361av.jpg

dsc00351xl.jpg

dsc00341wp.jpg

dsc00331ii.jpg

And one last one for background...! biggrin.png

dsc00321ix.jpg

You are sooooooo kind!

When these words come from the person that has one of the most beautiful E12s I have ever seen, I think they really count! :D

It's the truth!

It's clear that you treat her very well ;)

Grtz

• 2 weeks later...

Have been reading your Thread with much interest.

I have a 2001 1.6 Corolla SR, myself, with the same engine as yours. So I have looked into your threads in various forums about having an upgraded (not uprated) 3ZZ.

Being my engine from 2001, I am not sure if the ECU will be "compatible" with the injectors, ie. Im not sure if it is a Bosch or a DENSO one.

So, what Ill do, is start with the throttle body after that wit the manifold. If it is one of the "selflearning" ECU, I'll check about the injectors as well.

Thank you.

I am not 100% sure, but I think you have a denso ECU (since your corolla is 1.6L).

However, no matter if you have a Bosch or Denso, it will work and adopt just fine to the new data. Very close friends of mine with 3zz engines (in E12s though) have oversized their engine without reprogramming the ECU and it works without any problem.

Just for your info, Bosch ECUs can be reprogrammed. Denso ECUs cannot be reprogrammed and need a parallel ECU.

Sweet corolla man! Beautiful pictures of course at the seaside ^^

Just a question, was your corolla originally a 1.4 (97 bhp) or 1.6 (110 bhp) liters engine!

Cause if it's a 1.4 (wich i think it is as said above) then that means you got almost 50 hp outta that engine? 0.o

I love your front bumper TTE lip btw! ;) Does it actually fit the facelift corolla? :)

Grtz

Thanx mate! Yes, it was originally 1.4 (4zz-fe engine). (+45Hp and +4kgrms of torque)

The TTE lip can be fitted on a facelift corolla but it is not a perfect much. It will be slightly shorter on the edges of the bumper (near the arches). Nothing too serious though.

• 4 weeks later...

Airbox patent for creating a short ram intake. Will revert with dynotest results to see gains or loses.

I found a used airbox so as not to mess with mine.

16399973.jpg

25460389.jpg

Nice fabrication there mate :p
How does it sound?

Next time you are in Piraeus, I'll take you for a ride... :beer: