Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lambda Sensor Pre Cat Gen7 190

jay053

Hi im new here!

Im changing my lambda sensors on my 2000 Gen7 190 Celica and have come across a problem!

I got two from a Celica being scrapped and the post cat fits perfectly, but the pre cat one I have is to short!

Is this because ive got a early Gen7, or because its a 190?

Ive been trying to find a new one and nobody can get one of the correct length! (apart from Mr T who would like £157 for one)

So what can I do

How about using a universal one? just cutting the old sensor off and attaching the new one to the rest of the lead with the plug on?

Are there any major differences in the pre and post cat sensors, clearly one is longer and it seems the plugs are different, are the actual sensors different?

Also any tips on adjusting the drivers side door window? Just fitted a new one and its not sitting right ive found all ajustments apart from tilting the window, I need to tilt it back otherwise I fear it might smash when I close the door hard!

Thankyou for any replys in advance!

JAY

Ive sorted it all out, not to worry about replying people as I see your all rushing at once!

Doesnt anyone know anything on here or share advice?

• 3 weeks later...

Had a similar problem myself but I just pulled the plug from where it clips to the frame near the fuse box and was able to bring it closer to the sensor itself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links