Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our Poor Doggie

Devil-ish

Henry has a hernia. Went to vets today and was diagnosed, he needs an operation tomorrow - bless. At the same time they are going to castrate him because thats good for the recovery?? So he will be walking very odd tomorrow night me thinks :unsure:

So 8.30am he goes in and we can ring @ 2pm to see if he is ok to pick up at @ 4pm.

Wish Les was home to be with us :crybaby: oh AND it will cost around £600 erk :ffs:

Poor Dog. :(

He'll certainly be out of sorts for a while. I suppose that he will have one of those cone things as a collar to keep him away from the stitches.

I can't see how removing his family jewels will help his hernia :o

I had a hernia op years ago & they never suggested.................... :ermm::oops: Scuse me for a minute while I have a quick check :blushing:

Did it help your hernia shutup.gif

Although I am sorry to hear about Henry....

Hope Henry is well again soon :) .Vets bills aren't cheap but our old girl is 13 now and after a cancer op 2 years ago and expensive help for her arthritic back legs she's still worth every penny :yes::in_love:

Awww poor henry, I know how he feels! Had a hernia myself but its got better on its own so won't have to be castrated :rolleyes:

He will be fine Anne, give him a cuddle from me!

Good luck to Henry for today Anne! :thumbsup:

aawwww poor doggie, you do get soooo attached to them, my old girl (sadly in that big kennell in the sky now) had a major op when she was about 10, I didnt think she would recover quickly but in about 5 days she was nearly back to her old self running around like a mad thing gone mad :lol: I'm sure Henry will be OK

I had a Hernia op a few years back, I too walked like Henry will for a while, the crown jewels were left alone but it felt like they had been removed with a rusty blade :sick::lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ah very sorry to here he's not well, and also sorry that you have to make such a dent in the money pot, but you try and tell me it ain't worth it. :thumbsup:

Hope he makes a swift and painless recovery! :)

Well Henry is out of the operation and starting to lift his head....apparently all to the good.

Excellent news thumbsup.gif

Delighted to hear that, Anne :thumbsup:

Give him a loving pat from me & one of his favourite treats :lol:

He'll be back to himself in no time :yahoo:

Awee, poor Henry.. goos to hear he is on the mend now though.. he'll be chasing that wee ball around again in no time :)

Well he is home but v.poorly. Wasnt using back legs at all, really upset vet! However since he has just once got up and run a little bit so there is hope. Now he is back to just lying there but I think I would be lying there if I had been cut up like him...............ouchy :blink:

Give him time, he'll be right thumbsup.gif

Thanks for caring it means a lot to me...........all alone here! Les is coming home as fast as he can, will be here tomorrow afternoon.

Give him time, he'll be right thumbsup.gif

Thanks for caring it means a lot to me...........all alone here! Les is coming home as fast as he can, will be here tomorrow afternoon.

I hope not too fast with the weather as it is yes.gif and you always have support here cool.gif

Update: Henry is now using his legs :thumbsup: just reluctant to move - but who wouldnt be with what he has had done :blink: , vet is very pleased with him so far. Now have just got to get the little blighter to start eating.......... :unsure:

Just fill the cone with food so he has to eat his way out!!!

All us men know how it feels to be hit between the legs, so we understand why he couldnt move his legs. Having them cut off must be worse.

At least it is better than being a horse, they dont have andy drugs just clamped straight off and the horse drops to the floor!

Well he is home but v.poorly. Wasnt using back legs at all, really upset vet! However since he has just once got up and run a little bit so there is hope. Now he is back to just lying there but I think I would be lying there if I had been cut up like him...............ouchy :blink:

I'm sure Henry will be just fine , he needs a little time to recover after an op like that , he'll be back to his old self in no time at all , try not to worry too much Anne , he'll be ok :thumbsup:

Can I say a great big thank you for your kind wishes to Anne's post and your concern for our little dog Henry.

I received a fantastic tail wagging welcome when I got home and it cheered me up a treat :thumbsup:

Here's a couple of pictures of the little mite

45185_487552802785_661927785_7039156_4058217_n.jpg

47376_487552782785_661927785_7039155_6344373_n.jpg

Don't mention to Vic that he has red hair and green eyes... eek.gif

Dogs really do have the ability to show their feelings by their expressions, & poor Henry does look really pitiful in those photos. :(

"Look what they've done to me while you were away" :yes: