Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq 1.33 Engine Mods - What's Available ?

Raj_UK

Hi everyone

I've found a 1.0 turbo kit for the iQ ... but nothing for the 1.33

Does anyone know of a turbo or supercharger kit for the 1.33 ?

Likewise ... I've found a K&N induction kit for the 1.0 but nothing for the 1.33 ?

Does anyone make one ?

How about cams ? ... and does anyone know what power and torque the internals are good for before having to forge the lump ? same for injectors and fuel pump

And back to stage 1 mods ... is the ECU remappable and would a less restrictive exhaust help

tbh I'd probably just look for an induction kit immediately ... but would be nice to know what else is out there

cheers

Raj

This doesn't really help, but I think this one at Goodwood this year had a turbo fitted:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/goodwood-festival-of-speed-2010/goodwood-festival-new-pics/250855/pictures/goodwood-festival-new-pics.aspx?im=371474

It might even have had a two litre lump in it.

According to the What Car website Toyota are going to make a supercharged IQ but no dates yet! I will wait for this one should be interesting, I had a JCW mini a couple of years ago the last of the supercharged ones that was fun :)

Tuning parts took forever to be developed for the IQ, so the same will happen with the 1.33. Tuning companies have to deceide that there is a need before they will produce parts. But, as the engine is used in a few models, induction kits, exhausts should be the first parts available. These normally start appearing on the market after about 12 months.

You will have to be patient, or go the custom route like I and a few others have.

• 1 year later...

1 Year later...still no engine mods for the 1.33 :( as far as i can find anyway. Not even an induction kit.

Jordan

Why not stick in a Motorcycle engine, something like from a Hayabusa or Blackbird

maybe ?

Http://www.zcars.org.uk

Plenty of iQ3's already in the UK with improved engine performance.

Handling upgrades & lightening can help lots towards using your power better,

they are readily available.

Stuff doesnt need to come off the self in the UK for your engine,, the World is your Oyster.

Maybe speak to a Engine Tuner, Blueprinting can be a good start.

Have you spoken to the likes of Fensport?

http://www.fensport.co.uk

george

Chassis & exhaust upgrades aren't a problem as i've sourced springs and i know a really good place for custom exhausts. Just seeing what parts are available in terms of engine tuning as most parts I've found are for the 1.0 e.g the K&N filers, blitz etc. I've read somewhere that the 1.0 induction kits don't fit in the 1.3 and currently i think Fensport is still in R&D.

Ive found a piggy back for the ECU but i think its only for the 1.4 diesel (not sold in the UK)

Jordan

I would forget your Piggy back for your ECU because it will not work.

(check out how the iQ3 ECU actually is written)

Even getting the ECU remaped will sadly not work.

A K&N will strangle your engine IMO.

Fensport have had the Website saying that for more than a year,

best to actually speak to them maybe.

Are you going racing or to Track Days?

george

I would forget your Piggy back for your ECU because it will not work.

(check out how the iQ3 ECU actually is written)

Even getting the ECU remaped will sadly not work.

A K&N will strangle your engine IMO.

Fensport have had the Website saying that for more than a year,

best to actually speak to them maybe.

Are you going racing or to Track Days?

george

Really? Yeah i heard remaps won't work cos they're self learning or something. Would you think it's best to leave the bay as it is then and stick to exhaust/suspension mods?

Nah i don't go to track days, just mod for fun really. I'm only 19. Sold my megane coupe mk3 because there was like absolutely no aftermarket support for it and i saw quite a few modded iQ's at SEMA.

Jordan

Do you have an Insurance company that will provide cover for you with Performance enhancement to your engine?

You may well void your insurance if you do not Declare.

Check the new MOT regs for Jan 2012, these might not effect you yet, they will by 2013 possibly.

Not long untill the Tester will need to flag up Modified Vehicles, they the DVLA/VOSA will know if the insured registered keeper has the correct cover.

Sounds big brother, there are Pilot test stations being monitered now.

They have been doing it for 2 years now at some Motorcyle Stations.

In Angus & Aberdeenshire the Police requarly stop lowered & noisy vehicles & sieze them if the young drivers insurance does not cover the Modified Vehicle.

I have been caught out for Fronting, my son crashed a nicely tuned car that he was only a Named Driver on,

the Insurance Examiner/loss adjuster & the Police Examiner wher not so happy when they did their inspection.

(actually the Insurance Examiner usually is happy, it increases his Commision as he reduces the Companies loss.)

george

Yeah don't worry, my insurance company covers mods. All the mods on my previous car were declared.

Jordan

Yeah don't worry, my insurance company covers mods. All the mods on my previous car were declared.

Jordan

Ah yes But does it cover a BRIGHTER internal light lol

David

Does that even need to be declared haha. Good thing is they're doing my plates for free within the 14 days that i get the iQ

Jordan