Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got It Xt5 56 Plate 13500 Miles Only 2.0 Vvt-I Auto

davidisom

Just got back from Torquay.

Driven for 286 miles.

Reset trip computer got 35.7MPG according tocomputer,

Will fill up and check in the next few days,

Runs lovely at around 75MPH on motorway.

Well pleased so far.

Need to clean polish and generally make my own over the next few weeks.

Only issue I have noticed is that when idling in Drive vibration is noticable from engine drive train through the cabin. As soon as I take off no problem, pulls lovely gear changes are very smooth. I seem to remember we had a brand new Amazon land cruiser 4.5 turbo diesel auto about three years ago and that also passed vibration through the cabin when in gear and waiting to move off so hopefully that is just a trait? Any cmments from RAV4 4.3 Petrol Auto owners appreciated

Also the owner only had one key so I need to get another, I am told that as long as I have a fully working key ( i do) that a new one programmed to do the same thing is around £80 is that right? (XT5 has smart entry system key )

What consumption should I expect from a long run based on others experiece?. I ws hoping to push towards 40!

My last car a Lexus LS460SEl V8 4.6 Litre 8 Speed Auto and I could get 35MPG on a long motorway run. Rubbish around the houses though 17-22MPG but great in 8th gear 1800 revs gave nearly 80 MPH!

The RAV 4 4speed auto seems to average around 25/6 MPH per 1000 rev in 4th gear. I guess it depends how frugal it is when pulling over a long period with gentle acceleration with as few as possible changes to 3rd or lower.

Any Comments read with great interest.

David

Well done David, it sounds very nice.

I rather think the key will be much more than that but hope you are right. Also, that is quite a big demand for a 2 litre ptrol so I would expect it to fall off quite significantly knocking around - especially when the cold weather comes. There is nothing nicer than an auto in my opinion and if the latest diesel didn't come bundled with the D-CAT system, I would have had one.

This may start a wee discussion......

If an automatic "vibrates" at idle, say at traffic lights, why not select neutral and put on handbrake? I was always told that this allows some time for the torque converter to cool a bit, giving better overall driving.

This would be especially nice at night, as all those automatic drivers who sit with their foot on the brake are not the ones who are blinded by the Christmas Tree Effect (CTE....) of woefully bright brake / high level brake lights whilst waiting behind them at traffic lights. I suppose selecting and deselecting neutral, and same for handbrake, would be considered hard work nowadays.

I for one would not mind a few extra seconds at lights, if it was to at least part offset having pink eyesight for hundreds of yards !!!! Merc drivers take special note.....your brake lights out perform ma headlights.

I wait with baited breath.....

Big Kev :eek:

.....and another thing. That chrome strip on the back of a Vauxhall wants banning.

.....and another thing. That chrome strip on the back of a Vauxhall wants banning.

Aye, Anchs, that'll be the Vauxhall Insignia.....should be banned from travelling west at sunrise, and east at sunset, with that chrome blingy bit at the back. Nice car though, and superb estate shape....?

gettin' old.....

Big Kev B)

Aye, Anchs, that'll be the Vauxhall Insignia.....should be banned from travelling west at sunrise, and east at sunset, with that chrome blingy bit at the back. Nice car though, and superb estate shape....?

gettin' old.....

Big Kev B)

Just room for your walking frame and portable commode eh Kev :lol:

Hi David,

With regards to vibration my auto has never suffered any vibration when idling in either Drive or Neutral. As for getting 40 mpg on a long run, I think this is impossible at 70 mph. I have yet to exceed (a genuine)33 mpg on a long run on dual carriageways, even when driving extremely carefully and within all speed limits. But my overall fuel consumption is a respectable 31 mpg (on board computer shows 31.5 mpg).

Andrew