Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Is The "red Light" On The Fuel Gage?!

helenparki

I bought a 58 plate Toyota Aygo last Friday - I put £25 of petrol in, got in it this morning, it was on 2 bars then half way through the journey, the first bar started flashing at me - so I'm assuming I need to fill it up!

Am I right? I've been used to having "red light" on my other cars and knowing when I need to fill up before I got to that point, but it doesn't seem to do that on the Aygo - any ideas?

Basically, I just want to know how I know when to fill up before the bar starts flashing?

Did you not hear a beeping? An alarm normally sounds when the tank gets down to the last bar, the noise is so annoying that it makes you want to fill up as soon as you hear it.

Did you not hear a beeping? An alarm normally sounds when the tank gets down to the last bar, the noise is so annoying that it makes you want to fill up as soon as you hear it.

I think that the beeping low fuel alarm was only introduced on the Aygo after the 58 registrations.

When the last bar starts to flash you have entered into the reserve and should fill up without much delay.

My son usually tends to refuel when the indicator shows 2 bars.

If you do that you are guaranteed never to run out :thumbsup:

Ah yes, I heard a beep but thought it was the radio! It was a constant beeping though, just one beep.

So there isn't a red light as such then, just a beep which means "get to the petrol station asap!"

Yeah, the beep normally sounds every so often whilst driving and again when you start the car up. Some people have apparently travelled miles and miles after the beep but I don't like to risk it, the furthest I've gone is about 12 miles. The gauge is a bit silly, you can go from having a third of a tank left to almost empty within minutes...

Mine beeps and flashes, I've tried to cure it but one day it will get arrested... yahoo.gif

Hi, by the time your petrol gauge starts flashing you have little more than a litre of fuel in the tank-maybe 1 1/2, so it's advisable to find petrol sooner rather than later.

Regards,

Shaun

I think that the beeping low fuel alarm was only introduced on the Aygo after the 58 registrations.

When the last bar starts to flash you have entered into the reserve and should fill up without much delay.

My son usually tends to refuel when the indicator shows 2 bars.

If you do that you are guaranteed never to run out :thumbsup:

Mine's a 56-reg and it beeps :)

I normally get about another 20-30 miles once it starts flashing, get the most out of the tank, otherwise it's a bit of a waste. You get a good measure of fuel economy that way too.

Hi, by the time your petrol gauge starts flashing you have little more than a litre of fuel in the tank-maybe 1 1/2, so it's advisable to find petrol sooner rather than later.

Regards,

Shaun

Rubbish, stop posting FUD. When the light starts flashing you have about about 4 litres left. There are 2 levels of flashing, when you get really low it flashes faster. If you haven't seen the flashing getting faster then don't worry, just go into the next petrol station, you will be alright.

Andy

PS I did about 20 miles on the fast flash so on slow flash unless you are ragging it or in a town crawl you will have about 35-45 at least.

Andy

If you disable the warning sound for the seatbelt it also disables the warning sound for the fuel.

No, it doesn't. Maybe you've got different software on your car, bu on mine it still beeped when the petrol got low.

I disabled the beep specifically to test that after someone else said so too and got contradited then too...

Ours beeps when it's put in reverse! BUT sometimes it beeps once and other times it beeps 3 times!!! not yet worked out what the difference is..... ideas would be helpful //..... please???

As far as low fuel beeps - always fill it up on 3 bars - no less, just in case!

Is yours an M-MT? Those DO beep when put in reverse. And I believe the triple beep is a warning that it ca'nt find the gear...

Is yours an M-MT? Those DO beep when put in reverse. And I believe the triple beep is a warning that it ca'nt find the gear...

Thanks Jan, yes it is mmt, maybe I ought to give it a little more time when putting it in reverse then :)