Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Problem ?

karat3kid

Can anyone advise if there are any issues relating to changing the Battery on facelift(54)Corolla T sport. Even though the green light is still visible in the

charge condition window its been getting slower at turning the engine from cold over the last week or two to the point where it won't start at all now..........

If i change the Battery will i lose any settings or the like, with things like engine ECU; alarm or imobiliser or remote lock/unlock on key fob.

Any advice/assistance would be much appreciated.

Don't trust the green light. Mine was at green light as well, and after I have left the car with the alarms on for 2 minutes, I went back and it could not start.

Prefer to change the Battery with a TOYOTA one as TOYOTA gives 3 years guarantee.

I do not own a TS but I suppose the guide is the same for all E12s.

The only settings that you may lose are the radio stations and the automatic opening/closing of the windows which can be very easily re-seted by closing the windows and keeping the button continuously pressed for another 3-4 seconds. You do that for each window.

That's it. No need to worry about anything else. I have changed mine by myself...

The window on the Battery is very misleading because:

A Battery has cells, the amount depends on the Battery but usually six.

The indicator is only on one cell so 3 cells could be faulty and the car turns over slowly or does not turn over but yet you still have a green sign on the indicator.

So dont trust it lol.

Only other thing i can think of is remove the negative terminal off the battery first and remember to reconnect the battery the correct way lol.

Battery on my 05 needed replacing @ 47k miles after being stood in a car dealership where I bought it, it wouldnt start and turned out the Battery stopped holding its charge, it was replaced with a Bosch Battery under the dealers warranty 2 weeks ago, been fine since

Many thanks for all your replies . Battery replaced successfully today........ (Bosch heavy duty). Not cheap! but has certainly done the trick

If you got it from new, then it's lasted very well, i changed mine a few months back for an optima Battery, and so far, no probs to report

gallery_1491_1080_8549.jpg

Bing

:thumbsup:

distinctive would be a better word :lol:

have you noticed any improvements to your sound system due to the more stable supply provided by the yellow top mate? theyre supposed to be good for audio peoples but i dont know if its powerful to turn my diesel engine on cold start?

Toyota do their own range of OPTIFIT batteries, they don't use lead any more, there is a full range to cover petrol and diesel models and the prices are good too!

Kingo :thumbsup:

have you noticed any improvements to your sound system due to the more stable supply provided by the yellow top mate? theyre supposed to be good for audio peoples but i dont know if its powerful to turn my diesel engine on cold start?

As i don't really know how much power you need to cold crank you diesel engine, i sure it will still be enough to get it going.

Here's a quick tech spec i found

12V, 48Ah

Cold Cranking Amps (EN): 660 CCA

Capacity (EN): 48Ah

Reserve Capacity: 98 minutes

I've put a volt meter on the power cable to my amp, and it draws alot less voltage than i thought, but even at max power of the amp, it still would take just under 2hrs to drain the Battery, but i'm sure after all that, i'm sure it could still start my car, but so far not tried.

But overall, i can't say i've noticed any difference in the audio side of it other than i can leave it on longer without having the fear of a flat Battery at the end of it :lol:

Bing