Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 140 Engine Upgrades

superkart

Hi Everyone

I have a Gen 7 year 2000 vvvti 140 , i like to try and upgrade this engine to 190 does anbody No what diffrances are inside the engine ?

is just a ECU upgrade or is total engine inside differant .

If it is not possible to do this is there anything i can do that will upgrade the power from standard.

• 2 weeks later...

k&n induction kit would help, exhaust change de cat pipe and a ecu upgrade also an option

good luck with getting a reply from anybody on this site its like getting blood out of a stone.

Isn't it a higher lift cam or whatever for the gen 7? sorry i'm a gen 6 guy. Worth doing a search on google or on this forum i bet someone has tried this before.

Sorry about the site mate, its true it is dead in here sometimes, most people usually come on to get their questions answered like you meaning theres never many people to answer them.

Sorry i can't be more help as most the people i talk to are mostly experts on the gen5 and gen6 gt4's which i would say have a more hardcore modding scene which usually means people get to know their engines a lot better leading to more people having better knowledge.

I'm sure there will be more gen7 guys along

The 140 Engine is pretty well tuned to the max from the start, Turbo or Super Chargers can be fitted.

The costs involved though would really mean selling up and buying a 190. If you insist on keeping the car there are ways of fitting the 190 engine, you'll need the whole package though, Engine, gearbox, driveshafts ECU, etc etc.

I do believe this is the same guy that tried to scam you Celica guys.... :lol:

Tell me more :) I doubt it's Barry Hayward/Jamie DeSouza/Tech Carbon though.

I do believe this is the same guy that tried to scam you Celica guys.... :lol:

He is. The 'science' nob with the magic engine.

Just wave your eBay wand at it and it will instantly give you 50 bhp more. Wave it twice, getting the harmonics and vibrations in your wrist tuned to the wand and Bob's your uncle. Unlimited power.

I'm willing to try it! Would anyone else like the kit?

I'd love to see my engine evolve into a throbbing V8 with the addition of metal strips and a rubber hose which attracts the Neutrons. Despite the neutrons being a neutral particle.... :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links