Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Tyres

Tynesider

I have a (June) 2009 Avensis Tourer 2.0 Diesel TR

The car from new has 'Bridgestone' Tyres fitted, coming up to 16.000 miles the front Tyres appear to be wearing out and probably will not make 20.000 miles. :(

Of all the other cars I have had from new I have at least got 30.000 miles, and on my last two Nissan X Trails both did over 40.000 miles.

Any Tyre experts out there?? What make of tyre would you recommend fitting next? or it maybe cheaper to sell the car at this rate!

Mike :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

What did you install?

I have a 2010 T27 Avensis D-Cat 177hp and I have the same problem, huge wear on the front tyres.

I have 28.000 miles and I'm on my second front tyre kit (my first were the factory installed Bridgestone Turanza 225/45R18 that just lasted 18.500 miles).

I now have Bridgestone Potenza RE50A that were very expensive and will last about 16.000 miles (nevertheless these tyres gave alot more grip and traction).

Now I'm thinking of the Goodyear Efficient Grip that on somes tests on the internet indicate they have a litle less grip on the dry and wet, but better braking, MUTCH BETTER WEAR and a lot less rolling resistance and noise.

• 7 months later...