Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T-Sport Alloy Wheels + Car Progress

corollavvti

hello wonderful people :D

im planning to upgrade my current alloy wheels on my rolla t3 to the t-sport alloy wheels

current alloy wheels are 15 inch so i was thinkin will there be any problems to fit the t-sport 16 inch alloy wheels directly onto my car?

and also what is the tyre size for the t-sport 16 inch alloy wheels?

you can see my current wheels in my gallery i think :)

these are the wheels that i am planning to purchase:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360289655893&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i will put up new pictures of my car after all the work is done

so far i have installed a front strut brace/bar and tinted the windows out, also some blue side lights :thumbsup:

my future plans are to fit a rear TTE spoiler,

upgrade the front disc brakes (possibly MTEC disc of eBay as they look good and have good reviews) = http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300446658353&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and the t-sport alloy wheels ofcourse :D

thanks for all your support and advice!

Hi!

The rims fit just fine. The tire dimensions of a TS are 195/55/16, so you can either use exactly the same dimensions or 205/50/16 (for upgrade :yahoo: )

just get 17" wheels with 215/45/17 and lower the car 30 or 35mm, imo looks best ;)

Sticking with the idea of using CTS wheels, I'm with madvinegar. Get them, fit bigger tyres and make sure they are good! I can recommend Avon's. Lasted ages and were incredible in the wet and dry. :yes:

OR if you want to stay standard Toyota, go for some CTS-C wheels. :drool:

just get 17" wheels with 215/45/17 and lower the car 30 or 35mm, imo looks best ;)

He's got a 1.4 liter E12. The 215/45/17 will kill the car's performance plus it will increase the consumption to sky-high figures...

Not to mention that with the 45 profile, the knocking will be annoying inside the car...

I did put my T-spoprt alloys up for sale in the for sale section, but I kinda need them now with getting my 18" re coated. But as its a 1.4 i'd just get the 16" and put the normal tyre size on, haven't got the performance to uprate.

ive got tsport alloys on my 1.4 and they look nice and run fine, no problems at all just a straight swap might get them powdercoated soon but a nyc tastefull mod for now. what you could do is say get some coloured locking nuts for it aswell.

He's got a 1.4 liter E12. The 215/45/17 will kill the car's performance plus it will increase the consumption to sky-high figures...

Not to mention that with the 45 profile, the knocking will be annoying inside the car...

petrol consumption may increase slightly and how can you kill the performance of a car which was never intended to be a performance car in the first place? acceleration will suffer slightly yes but then you gotta risk it for a biscuit, i.e. you cant have everything. your ideas above are wildly exaggerated! can you quantify these 'sky-high' figures?

Hi!

The rims fit just fine. The tire dimensions of a TS are 195/55/16, so you can either use exactly the same dimensions or 205/50/16 (for upgrade :yahoo: )

whats the difference between 195/55/16 and 205/50/16?

will there be any difference in performance and fuel consumption after i replace my stock 15" alloy wheels for the t-sport 16" alloy wheels?

thanks again!

At corolaD4D.

Since I "had" the same car/engine I can say that the 1.4liter engine can move around the car with dignity. Not too slow, but not too easy. Since the specific car is relatively heavy, any mod you make must be checked very thoroughly because it plays a great role to the performance of the car. The car was never made to be a performance car but still you need the car to drive you around in comfort and give you a proper acceleration when you need same.

Do not judge by your car, because your car is a turbo-diesel which means that it can give a lot of torque from low revs and hence, even if you change your rim dimensions to 17", it will not show such a great difference.

The vvti 1.4l engine has only about 13kilograms of torque, which can be found only at high revs! i.e. after 4.000rmp! This means that if you put 215/45/17 on a relatively heavy car which has low levels of torque (and which can be found only at high revs!) it means that you lose your acceleration, you lose your top speed and you increase a lot your consumption (especially in the city!) as the car will be struggling to move itself. The only thing that you will gain is probably better stability on the road.

Also, I suppose the 215/45/17 (tires and rims) must cost a lot.

As regards the "you gotta risk it for a biscuit" I totally agree and you can check the link in my signature to confirm it. However, I believe that we must not sacrifice everything for the looks of the car. It is not nice to have a car that looks like it has 500bhp and actually run slower that a fiat seicento. :toast: If you want to "risk it", do it properly. Again, this is my personal opinion.

In any case, the decision falls to the one who is doing the mod. I am just saying my opinion because I "had" the same car/engine. Just as an example, I do not even recommend to put CAI or SRI on this car as it will lose torque on the low revs. Only a filter panel. Not even a very "free" exhaust pipe. The torque on the low revs is very precious for this car and we must do nothing to decrease it.

At corollavvti.

As I explained above, it is up to you to chose what size of rims to wear. When I write that I "had" the same engine is because I have oversized it to 1.8liters, and even if I have gained a lot of torque on the low revs, I am still wearing 16" rims (with 205/50/16 tires).

The difference between the 195/55/16 and the 205/50/16 is that the 195/55/16 will increase your total diameter a little, whilst the 205/50/16 will decrease slightly your diameter. Both dimensions are very close to your OEM one (so there is no - or minimal fault on your speedometer) but I personally recommend the 205/50/16 as an upgrade because by decreasing a little your total diameter you gain in acceleration. Plus that you increase a little your tires' width (from 195 to 205) which will give better handling. Also, the profile of 50 is not too low so as to be annoying when driving on bumpy roads, while giving again better handling when cornering.

In other words the 195/55/16 is more comfortable while the 205/50/16 is a little more sportif. So it is up to you to chose according to your driving style.

A lot of TS owners have changed to this dimension without having any problems at all, even if the TS rims are 6,5". The 205/50/16 fit just fine.

At corolaD4D.

Since I "had" the same car/engine I can say that the 1.4liter engine can move around the car with dignity. Not too slow, but not too easy. Since the specific car is relatively heavy, any mod you make must be checked very thoroughly because it plays a great role to the performance of the car. The car was never made to be a performance car but still you need the car to drive you around in comfort and give you a proper acceleration when you need same.

Do not judge by your car, because your car is a turbo-diesel which means that it can give a lot of torque from low revs and hence, even if you change your rim dimensions to 17", it will not show such a great difference.

The vvti 1.4l engine has only about 13kilograms of torque, which can be found only at high revs! i.e. after 4.000rmp! This means that if you put 215/45/17 on a relatively heavy car which has low levels of torque (and which can be found only at high revs!) it means that you lose your acceleration, you lose your top speed and you increase a lot your consumption (especially in the city!) as the car will be struggling to move itself. The only thing that you will gain is probably better stability on the road.

Also, I suppose the 215/45/17 (tires and rims) must cost a lot.

As regards the "you gotta risk it for a biscuit" I totally agree and you can check the link in my signature to confirm it. However, I believe that we must not sacrifice everything for the looks of the car. It is not nice to have a car that looks like it has 500bhp and actually run slower that a fiat seicento. :toast: If you want to "risk it", do it properly. Again, this is my personal opinion.

In any case, the decision falls to the one who is doing the mod. I am just saying my opinion because I "had" the same car/engine. Just as an example, I do not even recommend to put CAI or SRI on this car as it will lose torque on the low revs. Only a filter panel. Not even a very "free" exhaust pipe. The torque on the low revs is very precious for this car and we must do nothing to decrease it.

At corollavvti.

As I explained above, it is up to you to chose what size of rims to wear. When I write that I "had" the same engine is because I have oversized it to 1.8liters, and even if I have gained a lot of torque on the low revs, I am still wearing 16" rims (with 205/50/16 tires).

The difference between the 195/55/16 and the 205/50/16 is that the 195/55/16 will increase your total diameter a little, whilst the 205/50/16 will decrease slightly your diameter. Both dimensions are very close to your OEM one (so there is no - or minimal fault on your speedometer) but I personally recommend the 205/50/16 as an upgrade because by decreasing a little your total diameter you gain in acceleration. Plus that you increase a little your tires' width (from 195 to 205) which will give better handling. Also, the profile of 50 is not too low so as to be annoying when driving on bumpy roads, while giving again better handling when cornering.

In other words the 195/55/16 is more comfortable while the 205/50/16 is a little more sportif. So it is up to you to chose according to your driving style.

A lot of TS owners have changed to this dimension without having any problems at all, even if the TS rims are 6,5". The 205/50/16 fit just fine.

thank you vey much madvinegar :D

il decide what tyre size to pick after i purchase the wheels but thanks for the information, i do like your opinion of 205/50/16 tyres :)

for a little engine like this i shall stick to a K&N panel filter? as you say if i install i K&N 57i kit, Typhoon or something similar i will lose tourque which i cannot afford to lose aha

• 8 years later...

Hi can any one please help. Getting conflicting advice. I have 2002 Celica vvtli 190 has 6j 17inch wheels n tyres   Want to replace for T sport wheels same size but they are a 7j ?? Will these fit without problems. If not need help on tracing my old wheels for 2 replacements thanks