Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S**t Board

georgepg

while going down the m1 i heard a clatter when i pulled over i noticed the panel under the engine had come loose and came off but for the life of me i cant remember what its called any help please i have always called it a s**t panel but i cant very well ask for a replacement, unless i know whats its proper name? any help please

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• Raistlin

• georgepg

• Bizarra

Thought they were called dust panels, sump guards, grit guards. They don't really have a proper name tbh..... slam panel!? :lol:

I usually call them undercovers.

Thought they were called dust panels, sump guards, grit guards. They don't really have a proper name tbh..... slam panel!? :lol:

I usually call them undercovers.

so no idea then lol :D sump guard sounds better than mine :yahoo: wonder where i would get one from with out breaking the bank :wacko: mr t would be too dear for my x reg avensis

Well strictly speaking a sump guard is an effing great slab of metal on SUV's to protect the sump.

Engine bay dust shields.... just list those and they'll get one of them! :lol:

Well strictly speaking a sump guard is an effing great slab of metal on SUV's to protect the sump.

Engine bay dust shields.... just list those and they'll get one of them! :lol:

cheers m8te :thumbsup: thanks for the help

Are you talking about the plastic undertray??? wacko.gif

i am m8te do you know where i can get one from tryed all salvage yards locally but they rip them off and bin em, to drain the fluids off dont want to spend to much if i dont need to as it an xreg or do i need one on? i know earlyer cars didnt have trays on

i am m8te do you know where i can get one from tryed all salvage yards locally but they rip them off and bin em, to drain the fluids off dont want to spend to much if i dont need to as it an xreg or do i need one on? i know earlyer cars didnt have trays on

My 1989 AE92 Corolla has the trays on.... I hate them. Will make my own with decent clips too....

My 1989 AE92 Corolla has the trays on.... I hate them. Will make my own with decent clips too....

after reading other posts on the matter its for either road noise reduction or 4 airo dynamics of the car or ,hitting speed bumps and ripping it off or traveling at 70mph and it dropping off down the m1 :yes: anyways i am thinking of not bothering putting one back on unless i can find one cheap according to a mechanic friend of mine half the cars that go in for service havn't got it fitted anyways. :D

well through all that and looking under the car i think i can make one myself, off a template, :yahoo: can't be that hard looks like a trip down to B&Q :thumbsup:

well through all that and looking under the car i think i can make one myself, off a template, :yahoo: can't be that hard looks like a trip down to B&Q :thumbsup:

Steal my idea much! :P :lol:

Steal my idea much! :P :lol:

of course :rolleyes: anything to save money couldnt get to B&Q TODAY nip down tomorrow, i will mention it to them it was your idea though jonesy :yes: what material would you use, plastic,s out as the engine gets hot, something light though,mmmmmm ;) mmmm any idea jonsey i can steal i promise i will mention your name on the patent :blink: and you would get a nice thank you when i make my first million lol B)

:laughing: :P

I was going to make mine out of Stainless Steel, held up with bonnet snaps which are so easy to undo. It'll just click down. :D

Will be a long way off though, for now I need maximum access to get to all the bits that keep breaking lol. :lol:

I will use the Bonnet Clips because the stupid plastic screws are one time use and they are buggers to remove. Just makes sense to create your own IMO. For air-flow I'll have a couple mesh grills cut out aswell. ;)

I was going to make mine out of Stainless Steel, held up with bonnet snaps which are so easy to undo. It'll just click down. :D

Will be a long way off though, for now I need maximum access to get to all the bits that keep breaking lol. :lol:

I will use the Bonnet Clips because the stupid plastic screws are one time use and they are buggers to remove. Just makes sense to create your own IMO. For air-flows I'll have a couple mesh grills cut out aswell. ;)

You'll need something more substantial than mesh grilles to control YOUR air flows. :help: Constant, strong & caustic they are :eek::sick::sneaky2:

You're telling me!? I am the one in a windowless room in Raistlin's basement! :o

I will use the Bonnet Clips because the stupid plastic screws are one time use and they are buggers to remove. Just makes sense to create your own IMO. For air-flow I'll have a couple mesh grills cut out aswell. ;)

sounds good to me :thumbsup:

You're telling me!? I am the one in a windowless room in Raistlin's basement! :o

So,you're cheating on Vic are you :o ?

You're telling me!? I am the one in a windowless room in Raistlin's basement! ohmy.gif

Please vent your fantasy's on someone else... mad.gif

Good things must always come to an end. :P

Good things must always come to an end. :P

I dread what end you will come to with Raist :crybaby: