Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Activity And Noises From Passenger Front Wheel Area

84darren

hi all, was wondering if anyone could help.

ive got a 53 t spirit 2.0 diesel. its been playing up again. it has a funny metal on metal sort of sound coming from the front passenger wheel area. this was only occational but is pretty much constant now. ive had it looked at and they cant find anything wrong. they checked bearings, brakes, drive shafts etc.

also when i turn right 80% of the time the warning light comes on the dash as if its lost its grip. it then seams as though the car applies the brakes its self cause it dips at the front end.

does anyone have any ideas

thanks

daren

If it's affecting the brakes I would suspect a faulty ABS sensor or reeluctor ring - something sounds kinda dangerous.:)

Must concur with James, and I wouldn't be driving it if it's braking by by itself !!!! Best get it into at least a good indie brake expert.

Big Kev.

Whatever it is, brakes or otherwise for heavans sake why not get it looked at by a professional? Sounds to me like you have run out of brake pads, whatever it is, stop driving the car and get it sorted out ASAP ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Whatever it is, brakes or otherwise for heavans sake why not get it looked at by a professional? Sounds to me like you have run out of brake pads, whatever it is, stop driving the car and get it sorted out ASAP ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi thanks for the replies.

I've had it looked at again and they think it could be the hub but are not certain. Wot do you guys think? I'm not driving it anymore it's at a garage. It definitly not brake pads, there only 2 month old. Does anyone have a second hand hub? The mechanic also said my clutch is slipping in third, more money and hassel. I though toyotas were reliable.

Thanks

darren

Hi thanks for the replies.

I've had it looked at again and they think it could be the hub but are not certain. Wot do you guys think? I'm not driving it anymore it's at a garage. It definitly not brake pads, there only 2 month old. Does anyone have a second hand hub? The mechanic also said my clutch is slipping in third, more money and hassel. I though toyotas were reliable.

Thanks

darren

hi 84darren

why clutch slipping in third,why not third or fourth.more likly to have clutch slippng in higher gears than a lower one.i hope he is not drumming up work for him self.

could the noise be a DMF problem.

Hi, the mechanic is a good family friend so don't think he would lie to me. What's a DMF?

Thanks

darren

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links