Do Not Sell My Personal Information

25Mm Drop + 17" Wheels ?

Raj_UK

Hi All

As per the title ...

If I fit the 25mm Toyota lowering springs ... would I still be able to fit 17"x7" wheels ?

Item specifics - Car Wheel Rims

Metal Type: Aluminium Stud Diameter: 100

Rim Width: 7J Brand: Team Dynamics

Rim Diameter: 17 inches Rim Structure: One Piece

Offset: 38 Manufacturer Part Number: --

Number of Studs: 4 Condition: New

And what tyre size should I go for ?

I don't want to have to remove any arch liner trim or roll the arched to avoid rubbing

cheers

Raj

Hi Raj,

I have 35mm H&R springs with 7x17 wheels fitted with 215/45x17 Toyo Proxes. These fit with no rubbing problems at all, and I drive on some very bumpy roads. I do have to take care over speed bumps though. But it is my big bore exhaust that just catches them if anything.

I found it difficult to find suitable tyres, as all the tyres in this size are designed for heavier more powerfull cars. Because of this I have to run the the tyres at a lower pressure (26psi)because of the much stiffer side wall.

You can fit 18" wheels, but the tyres are stupidly expensive, and the ride will be very harsh.

Hope this helps

Tim

maybe someone can confirm ... I ordered the 25mm Toyota parts from a Toyota dealer through eBay

I told them my reg plate and it was an iQ3 and when I said are they the diesel springs they said it's the springs on the computer which are for your car

so they arrive and it's the same part number as the 1.0 springs

the 1.0 is 75kg lighter than the 1.33

the diesel is 20 kg lighter than the 1.33

so I'd have thought the diesel springs would be the ones to go for since the different springs are for the heavy engine in the diesel over the 1.0 aren't they ?

so I phone the dealer and they sounds quite disgruntled that I was questioning them ... but they were adamant that the same springs for the 1.0 are a better fit for the 1.33 than the diesel springs

does anyone have any official Toyota source saying what the 1.33 should use for Toyota 25mm lowering springs please ?

oh and thanks for the post above confirming that 17x7 is ok with 215/45/17's with a 35mm drop

does anyone have a spare set of wheels I could borrow / rent for a week to get my OE 16's powder coated plz ?

I've attached the Accessory Installation Manual for the 25mm springs. But I think this was issued before the IQ3 was available - or certainly hasn't been updated to say anything about the IQ3.

When I ordered the 25mm springs for my IQ 1.0 they actually sent the wrong ones, the part number on the box was correct, but the one stamped on the actual front springs indicated they were the Diesel ones. A bit of faff and swapping and I eventually got the correct ones.

Since Pi offer different springs for the 1.0 and 1.33, and based on your weight logic also, I'd probably try and get hold of the Diesel ones for your IQ3.

AIM%20001%20470-0_IQ%20Lowering%20Springs.pdf

I've attached the Accessory Installation Manual for the 25mm springs. But I think this was issued before the IQ3 was available - or certainly hasn't been updated to say anything about the IQ3.

When I ordered the 25mm springs for my IQ 1.0 they actually sent the wrong ones, the part number on the box was correct, but the one stamped on the actual front springs indicated they were the Diesel ones. A bit of faff and swapping and I eventually got the correct ones.

Since Pi offer different springs for the 1.0 and 1.33, and based on your weight logic also, I'd probably try and get hold of the Diesel ones for your IQ3.

does anyone know if i can take toyota parts back to any toyota dealer ? since i could take them back to the one in Reading ? instead of posting them back to sheffield assuming they'll accept them

really miffed since i specified what i wanted but today they seemed annoyed i was questioning them :(

anyone got a contact at Toyota UK plz ?

just need to get an official wording on whether the 1.33 uses the 1.0 petrol or 1.4 diesel 25mm lowering springs

everyone on here says 1.4D ... and it makes sense since the weight difference is the only reason there are different springs and the 1.33 petrol is closer to the 1.4D ... yet Toyota Pentagon Sheffield still are adamant that the 1.0 petrol springs should be used since that's what their computer parts system says

does anyone know if i can take toyota parts back to any toyota dealer ? since i could take them back to the one in Reading ? instead of posting them back to sheffield assuming they'll accept them

really miffed since i specified what i wanted but today they seemed annoyed i was questioning them :(

Logged a call with Toyota ... got a call back

seems I was right

They're going to send me a set of the diesel springs out FoC and I get to do what I want with the 1.0 petrol springs they first sent me ... so I'll put em up for sale cheap to share the love

So it's official ... the 1.33 iQ uses the 1.4D lowering springs

:)