Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roadster Electric Rear Window Heater

neilburnside

Hi all I have recently bought a 2001 Roadster. The cable which connects the rear window heater element is lying loose in the rear storage area.

I can see where this plugs in to on the hard top but where does the other end go in order to get the power to the window?????

Please help

1st of all, welcome to TOC.

The first question is this.. does the demister on the softop work?

If the answer is yes, then follow the wire from the glass down under the parcel shelf ans into the rear storage bin behind the driver seat, with a bit of luck you should be able to feel where it is plugged in. Unplug the softop wire (there is a little place near where it plugs into for storing it safely for when you want to re-connect it) and plug the wire from the hard top into the connector you just unplugged the softop wire from. (just to be 100% clear.. the hardtop has a seperate cable for the demister.. it does not use the softop cable in any way)

If you can't find the wire, then you might have to do a little more dissasembly work to get to it.. this guide to fitting a hardtop will help....

http://www.mr2roc.or...ing/hardtop.pdf

Davy,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes the demister works on the soft top tried multimeter on the window contacts so i know there is power.

Traced the cable from soft top down into the roof / parcel area and it plugs into a socket.

I can see the cable from hardtop plugs into roof behind driver seat but am unsure where the other end goes? Surely it cant go into same socket as soft top one?

Neil

1st of all, welcome to TOC.

The first question is this.. does the demister on the softop work?

If the answer is yes, then follow the wire from the glass down under the parcel shelf ans into the rear storage bin behind the driver seat, with a bit of luck you should be able to feel where it is plugged in. Unplug the softop wire (there is a little place near where it plugs into for storing it safely for when you want to re-connect it) and plug the wire from the hard top into the connector you just unplugged the softop wire from. (just to be 100% clear.. the hardtop has a seperate cable for the demister.. it does not use the softop cable in any way)

If you can't find the wire, then you might have to do a little more dissasembly work to get to it.. this guide to fitting a hardtop will help....

http://www.mr2roc.or...ing/hardtop.pdf

Yes it does.. you have to unplug the softop cable and plug in the hard top cable. Feel around in the area for a slot that the softop cable plugs into when not in use.. it doesn't have any power, it's just to stop it hanging loose.

Ok thanks will have a look at the weekend and see what i can find.

I assumed there was a seperate socket for it to go into - mind you the winters we get once the hard top is on its on lol.

Thanks for your help

Yes it does.. you have to unplug the softop cable and plug in the hard top cable. Feel around in the area for a slot that the softop cable plugs into when not in use.. it doesn't have any power, it's just to stop it hanging loose.

• 1 month later...