Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problems Opening The Bonnet On My 2005 Verso

R06

Hello All, I've been trying for a couple of days now to open the bonnet on my 2005 Verso without success!

The release lever cable has a lot of play in it. The cable hasn't snapped but feels loose. I've had the pliers on the cable to pull more through by the release lever but nothing happens. I've sprayed WD40 around the catch area between the bonnet and grill, but the release mechanism seems to be stuck hard!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

You sure it isn't disconnected!? :laughing:

See if you can get a screwdriver or something under the mechanism off. WD40 will only help if it is definitely rusted shut. ;)

• 2 months later...

Hello All, I've been trying for a couple of days now to open the bonnet on my 2005 Verso without success!

The release lever cable has a lot of play in it. The cable hasn't snapped but feels loose. I've had the pliers on the cable to pull more through by the release lever but nothing happens. I've sprayed WD40 around the catch area between the bonnet and grill, but the release mechanism seems to be stuck hard!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

e

I have just had the same problem with my 2005 Verso. I managed to free it by banging on the front edge of the bonnet while someone else was pulling on the bonnet release. The catch had rusted up, plenty of WD40 and all now seems ok.

• 11 years later...

Just this past weekend had the same issue on a 2014 Verso. When the bonnet release lever was pulled the cable was clicking under the bonnet but no release.

Lo and behold, banging, tapping on the bonnet area and leaving overnight, then trying again miraculously did the job and the bonnet popped open. Perseverance was one quality that helped.

Used oil, grease after cleaning up the locking mechanism, not forgetting the bonnet u shaped bar that fits in the latch lock.

Moved to the Verso club.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links