Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shll Fuelsave

baza103

Has anyone else tried Shell Fuelsave, the new fuel that claims to save you up to a litre a tank? As I'm always interested in saving a few quid, I've filled up 3 times in a row with Shell Fuelsave unleaded and IMHO it has made 0% difference to my fuel economy. 55mpg on supermarket fuel and 55mpg on Fuelsave. Anyone else tried it? :huh:

Has anyone else tried Shell Fuelsave, the new fuel that claims to save you up to a litre a tank? As I'm always interested in saving a few quid, I've filled up 3 times in a row with Shell Fuelsave unleaded and IMOI it has made 0% difference to my fuel economy. 55mpg on supermarket special fuel and 55mpg on Fuelsave. Anyone else tried it? :huh:

Yes, I've tried it. Same result as yourself.

Tried it in different vehicles in our household and no real noticeable difference. Didn't expect any TBH ;)

Tried it, no benefit, was hoping it'd be better than normal Shell as my Aygo for some reason runs crap on it. Regardless of whether it was regular old Shell or this new stuff I'd be lucky to hit 55mpg. :unsure:

is it just me but what is the meaning of the tag line 'upto an extra litre per tank'?

surely you can only fit the set amount of litres in the tank that it holds whether that be Shell new/ old or water or milk or anything?!!

should it not be you get so many more miles per tank or per litre?

don't get it!

help me pleeeeeaaaaase!!!

Well supposedly you can get 46 litres of mileage out of a 45 litre tank, but that's such a small difference as to be completely negligible.

That's the sort of difference you'd get between driving into a headwind or summer and winter or doing slightly more motorway driving than normal!

As far as I can tell, the fuelsave stuff is basically the same fuel but with different additives again. It's not like V-Power which uses cleaner burning GTL (i.e. synthetic fuel).

What I do have an interest in is whether it has similar engine/injector cleaning agents as the V-Power tho'. (That's the only reason I bothering going near Shell; Every few tanks I chuck in some V-Power diesel to reduce the power loss from all the city driving ;) Their regular diesel is 5p over the cheapest station and that's twice more expensive than 1 extra litre's travel per tank!!!!)

46 liters out of 45 is actually 2% better!

But I can get my car to give 2% more economy by just adjusting my driving.

And I fill up at a NON-Shell outlet, which is over 7% cheaper and gets me the same economy!