Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't Unlock Doors On Corolla Verso

fergalcrawford

Hi,

My 2007 Corolla Verso has decided not to let me in! Today the remote locking stopped working, so i assumed the key fob Battery was dead and tried instead to open the doors using the mechanical key. This also does not work. When i turn the key a quarter turn clockwise, there is a faint noise similar to what i hear when i pull up on the window switch when it is already closed. Anti clockwise turning does nothing.

I replaced the fob Battery and still no joy. Could this happen when the Battery goes completely flat? I have no reason believe that this is the case, but as I can't get into the car there is no way of telling.

Does anyone have any ideas that don't involve a coat hanger?

Thanks,

Fergal

In fact, when i tried turning a little further than a quarter turn the alarm went off. Luckily, the other key fob worked ok. I guess it will remain a mystery why the fob and key wouldn't open it.

So the other Fob does it but the normal one doesn't?

Means that it's just the Fob which is good seeing as you can still access the car! :lol:

Go to Toyota and get them to replace it for you. ;)