Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1998 Colorado Diesel 3 Door Wheel Shake

RAV4 in Family

Hello there, I have recently purchased a 1998 Landcruiser Colorado 3 door 3L diesel from a friend who has emegrated to Kenya.

It has now done 100,000 miles and is in as new condition inside/outside, having spent all it's life garaged. When breaking the steering wheel vibrates and if you let go of it, the steering wheel rocks from side to side about half a cm(turns right to left). When not breaking the steering is nice and tight with no play or wandering.

It has just had brand new front tyres fitted before me getting it. What would be the likely cause for this problem-Wheel balancing?, warped discs? The old tyres had worn on the outside edge and the seller saied he would get the tracking done which I dowbt he had time to do so. Any help would be most welcome.

I have changed from driving a 1994 Petrol/LPG 3.9 V8 auto Discovery to this Diesel manual Colorado. The Colorado is as fast if not faster than the Disco, but am still getting used to a manuel again. My old Disco is at an auction house now awaiting it's sale on Tuesday(sad but also happy to see her go)-My reason for a change was that it cost me nearly 8000 pounds in maintinance during a 4 year ownership. The price difference from petrol to LPG wasn't worth running it anymore. The price of LPG has gone well over half the price of petrol here now. I recently had been getting 160 miles to 40 pounds worth of LPG! With my new Colorado, I have filled it to the brim from empty-costing 95 pounds. I have done 150 miles in her and she is still just below the top full mark.

Sounds like warped disks.

Having lived in Kenya, and seeing the cost of 4x4s out there, I surprised the previous owner didn't take it with him - I'm sure there's less duty to pay if you previously owned the car.

Sounds like warped disks.

Having lived in Kenya, and seeing the cost of 4x4s out there, I surprised the previous owner didn't take it with him - I'm sure there's less duty to pay if you previously owned the car.

Hello there, They would have taken it with them, but they were told that they had to have owned it for 4 years or more which they hadn't and the taxes would have also been stupidly heigh. I got an email from them earlier today and they said that there mitsubushi 4x4 they purchased over there was a real dog. It cost them 7000 pounds and is a 1993 with 200,000 miles on it.