Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St185 Back From The Abyss....

OMJAN

Alright guys, its been a while......... the last time I was on here you were all very forth coming with advice for my trackday st185 , for which I must say a big thankyou. ;)

the poor old girl had been molested and neglected beyond the point of no return. I had been getting ready to replace the head gasket , buying various parts( water pump, head bolts etc.) It came time to get the head off and she then started (or rather didnt) with electrical probs. :crybaby:

One day she would start and the next she would blow a host of fuses.... I payed a spark to have a look and was quoted 300 quid to fix her, needless to say the car had become financially unviable . It has since been broken and Ive bought another.

My link

Hopefully have a bit more luck with this one? :huh: ?

here's hoping this one treats you better, remember we're only down the road in Kilmarnock

Thanks mate..... Im getting a few bits of welding done just now, the car desperately needs brakes... I want an upgrade and was looking at freaky parts - they do a big set of 6 pot brembos(front) and a slightly smaller set of wilwood brakes. They are not cheap! but should be a good investment.

Other than the brakes and welding the new 185 seems to be a much better example, I actually picked it up in ayr ... round your neck of the woods .

I would be interested in what your work could do in the way of coilies?? checked the site a few times but theres not much of an online catalogue....

I really need to remember to call during business hours. :P

We don't hold too much of a stock to be honest, we are looking into getting an online shop sorted but that won' be for a few months yet as it takes time to build up stock.

If you find a set of coillies that you like drop us a line and we'll see what we can do about getting them cheaper, our suppliers are pretty quick with delivery so turn around time is not long.

What's the Current spec of the car?

What's freaky parts?

actually mate........... what would you think a set of tein's with edfc would set me back???

the car just now is pretty standard - piper X induction kit and baileys bov its got a SS exhaust and HKS turbo timer but thats about it.

The brakes are shagged!!! bought it with only one caliper actually functioning - was a dodgy drive home!! :eek: .

Ive temporarily swapped the osf caliper for a single piston caliper from the old crate- but the current car is a 1990 twin piston model and the pads arent lining up 100% on the disc surface. Ive been on another forum for a while and freaky parts is an online parts dealer - they are constantly offering group buys to the members ,and one offer is for a 4 piston ( not 6 like i said before) :unsure: caliper disc brackets and pad combo, they are made by Brembo but are unbranded. you need to have 17" alloys to fit over the 324mm discs .... dont know what you might think??? cost 500 plus delivery? their site is www.freakyparts.co.uk

also mate what different options would ya recommend for coilies??? Im interested in teins as i said but to be honest its only because they are one of the few reputable brands that I know who offer a package for the st185... ideally I would like something with adjustable dampning and not too harsh... Ive been looking into sprints and majority are on pretty rough surfaces.

cheers again pal. :thumbsup:

The single piston Caliper brakes are actually better than the twin, they come with a bigger disc too, it's usually a starting point for a brake upgrade for early jap imports.

£500 is a steal of a price! Could be tempeted into a set myself! :lol:

The teins with edfc are super expensive! Tbh there's loads of good companies that are doing 185 kits now, D2 being one I know a few other people that have fitted other kinds so can find out what's considered the best at the right price. If I remeber rightly only the tein super street are soft enough for the UK anyways.

I'll get asking about for opinions for you, now I'm off to see this site lol

That would be greatly appreciated mate.... I think that on the site they are 650, you would need to join this other club to get the group buy price.

Ive seen the d2's on eBay.... just didnt want to order from there and end up with a set of forgeries!!!! :rolleyes: