Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Kits

corollavvti

well most people who fit HIDs on their rollas take off front bumper and take headlight out.

i did this and just threw the headlight back in and never checked alignment properly, you see now ?

thats why one was off, was just a simple wee adjustment and job sorted :thumbsup:

In theory alignment can get put out of whack everytime you change a bulb. And its mainly the beam pattern which is all over the place.

By E.U law vehicle fitted with H.I.D/gas discharge headlamps have to have self adjustment for when under any load and headlamp washers. Also fitted with projector style lamps to correct beam pattern issues.

It is 100% illegal to retro fit them. I havnt MOTd a car with hids yet. But i wouldnt pass it as twchnically it isnt road worthy.

well most people who fit HIDs on their rollas take off front bumper and take headlight out.

i did this and just threw the headlight back in and never checked alignment properly, you see now ?

No I don't see now, how can you get a light out of alignment anyway it only goes in one way :lol:

Seems a lot of fuss to me.

I am happy with my Xenon's they do the job

You have a leveling system on you car. You know the litle switch which has 1-5 nornally. And it moves the lights up and down. Well it can go out of alignment if you constantly adjust them. Or just from bumps in the road.

No I don't see now, how can you get a light out of alignment anyway it only goes in one way :lol:

Seems a lot of fuss to me.

I am happy with my Xenon's they do the job

1mm either way can f them up.

there are 3 bolts holding in the headlight and if you dont tighten it just right that alone would put it off....

well my car passed the NCT last week with headlights and fog lights fitted with HIDs :thumbsup:

do you need to take off the bumper and head lights on a pre facelift 2003 rolla, cant you just fit them on?

thanks in advance for all the advice and converations here :D...really has given me more knowledge on HID's

can anyone put some photo's up of 6000k and 8000k HID's on thier corolla please, it would be very greatful as it would help me decide

thank you very much :D

thanks for all the advice guys, i got my HID kit today, 8000k H7R, installed them and they look superb, much better than stock lights, i dont think il be ever going back to them :yahoo:

will get some pics up of the car and the progress so far...just waiting for my brake discs to arrive

thank you andy for the photo, your cars looks awesome :D

p.s. i installed the hid kits without taking the bumper off, wasnt as hard as i thought it would be

congrats on your hids. and trust me you'll never go back to driving with standard halogen bulbs! just don't be one of those idiots, keep the adjustment dial in your car 2 or a higher number (higher number points reflector more into the road) so you don't blind on coming traffic.

congrats on your hids. and trust me you'll never go back to driving with standard halogen bulbs! just don't be one of those idiots, keep the adjustment dial in your car 2 or a higher number (higher number points reflector more into the road) so you don't blind on coming traffic.

i got the H7R bulbs? aint they supposed to be anti glare or something, so far its on 0 and i have'nt been flashed at or anything?...i will just have to wait and see until someone does :yes:

i got the H7R bulbs? aint they supposed to be anti glare or something, so far its on 0 and i have'nt been flashed at or anything?...i will just have to wait and see until someone does :yes:

in that case you might be good with the H7R bulbs, set to 0 i get flashed nearly 100% of the time...

in that case you might be good with the H7R bulbs, set to 0 i get flashed nearly 100% of the time...

you should get some anti glare bulbs then?...if its annoying when people flash at you

you should get some anti glare bulbs then?...if its annoying when people flash at you

oops lol i think you misunderstood me. i get flashed at with lights set to 0 but when driving i have them set to 2 or sometimes even 3 to avoid glaring other drivers. at 2 i never get flashed at, also if i ever change bulbs, or move the light in any way i always pop down to my local mot station and get them to re-align the light properly with those light boxes they have. i also keep lights clean i do everything i can to ensure i dont glare other people, cos its not nice when other people do it to me!

well one of my lights was out of focus and i only got the odd flash, always had lights at 0.

have them focused now and now flashes

Andy, please tell me you didn't purposefully set fire to something to take that picture!? :D

well....you know, thought it might made a good pic :D

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry on bringing this up again but i need a confirmation on this kit http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250700986524&category=28643&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619 . Does the kit include everything neccessary to light up?

thanks

i cant read german ,but it seems they will do the trick 95% of these kits are all made in the same factories in china ,i have just bought these myself http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280607624208&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

• 11 months later...

Hiya to all just been reading this topic nice to learn more about my baby greyolla :D. There is one thing i need to know, whats the brightest can u go before u get pulled over ;).I ve notice that most of you have 6000k and 8000k but me am looking to get the purple ones my favouite colour or 100000k.Also would the light be better with the angle eyes please send me your advise. :D and god bless you all and the CTS over xmas :thumbsup:

If people who have illegal blinding lights were capable of using the manual headlamp levelling switch, there wouldn't be a problem. The issue is most can't or can't be bothered.

I find being able to see when driving it night is quite useful :yes:

the problem is people fitting them and not getting them alighned....you can be blinded with a standard bulb if its in wrong...

also if you cant see the wiring or balasts and the aim/level is fine you cant fail for hids as you cant see them(you are not allowed to remove the bulb covers to check...

i like hids i have them in mine but i do hate being blinded by them due to them being poorly fitted

the problem is people fitting them and not getting them alighned....you can be blinded with a standard bulb if its in wrong...

Totally agree, thats also down in the pet hate of driving list ;) The HID version just makes it worse.

for 2012 they have changed the MOT rules and regulations....your not allowed to have HID's without a self leveling system and washers :( :( :( life sucks!

i have to get rid of mines i think

for 2012 they have changed the MOT rules and regulations....your not allowed to have HID's without a self leveling system and washers :( :( :( life sucks!

i have to get rid of mines i think

Or you can just remove them and take em out when you go for your controle,

Like all Belgians do :P