Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ss3 Modification Update

Golden bay NZ

John you need to make that car 4wd or put the engine in the back like lee was doing, do it do it do it

if only it was that easy lol, thought about it though, was even thinking twin turbo supra lump and rear wheel drive, but im goin to run this year forge my spare engine and go from there(well thats the plan anyway lol)

Supra lump would be good as you don't need to forge it to have huge power, think you can go to 700hp before you have to think about changing internals.

To Leeky:

Yes I´ve been racing for 23 years, won several championships, won races on both 2 and 4 wheels. I´ve raced in many different cars from N/A Peugeots and Renaults to Turboed Subarus and won races in all of them. I have sponsors who pay me to race for their companys and have raced on most Scandinavian tracks and some in Germany. So yes, I´m a racingdriver, PRO or AM you choose I don´t care. But honestly, I really don´t see how your questions about my career relates to N/A tuning??

So you think ramair is e-bay stuff?? ever heard about Fensport?? Take a good close look at the front of their 3s-ge engined Celica on their webpage. Now tell what do you see?? Do you think they got this from e-bay?? Do you think Fensport would bother to do this kind of "magic" on their car if it didn´t work??

To Golden bay NZ:

No mate, not 3 bars :eek: . 0,3 bars :yes: I don´t know what the likes of Kawasaki, Yamaha and Honda do to prevent water in the induction system but I´m sure what they do works. I´m pretty convinced that japanese engine manufacturers don´t put a lot of RD into something that won´t work. That´s proof enough for me. No matter what Leeky says. I´m sure japanese engineers are smarter than he is.

So 0.3 bars is 1.4 psi? How many horse would that be

Because I calculate I got 4 hp at least with a sec off my time

Also I got an extra 1.5 mpg

To Leeky:

Yes I´ve been racing for 23 years, won several championships, won races on both 2 and 4 wheels. I´ve raced in many different cars from N/A Peugeots and Renaults to Turboed Subarus and won races in all of them. I have sponsors who pay me to race for their companys and have raced on most Scandinavian tracks and some in Germany. So yes, I´m a racingdriver, PRO or AM you choose I don´t care. But honestly, I really don´t see how your questions about my career relates to N/A tuning??

So you think ramair is e-bay stuff?? ever heard about Fensport?? Take a good close look at the front of their 3s-ge engined Celica on their webpage. Now tell what do you see?? Do you think they got this from e-bay?? Do you think Fensport would bother to do this kind of "magic" on their car if it didn´t work??

Just curious, thats why i asked. I thought maybe you could have been someone famous or perhaps i may have heard of you somewhere over the years in all the competitions i've been involved in. I never said it related to N/A Tuning.

Yeah of course, i know who Fensport are. But i dont see a Ram-Air ANYWHERE on their celica. Its using a normal Blitz induction kit and there is no mention of any 'Ram-Air' in the cars details on their website.

If i saw a company like Fensport using them i may start to take them seriously....but unless they failed to mention it or take pictures of it i cannot see any evidence of one on their celica.

And i know that Air Rams work on Bikes (i've been a biker for years) - i never said they didnt. I've just said i've yet to see a ram air work on a car.

No matter what Leeky says. I´m sure japanese engineers are smarter than he is.

Im sure that japanese engineers are smarter than me when it comes to engines - im not an engineer and wouldnt want to be - it would make my suit dirty. But you dont know what i do for a living and you dont know what my IQ is - so dont make a targeted insult at me TARManiAC, why make it personal? Why start something huh?

At no point have i aimed a derogatory comment at you. Why would i want to do that? I didnt realise we were having an arguement here - it was just a conversation on the internet was it not?

Easy guys..stay on the topic.

I saw the Fensport site too and didnt see the ram air

But they said they have recently changed their webpage

Im not calling mine a Ram Air now anyway since I discovered that 2nd intake hole in the guard..

Now its a 'Pressure Assisted Cool Air Induction System with Bypass' !

• 8 months later...

The car you might be thinking of with the Ram Air is the Rayglass Celica from NZ.

Its held the jap import drag record here for 2 years with 6.41 for the ¼ mile

• 1 month later...

Fitting a 5.3kg chromoly flywheel (standard 6.4kg)

Be interesting to see how my times improve

Had minor problems finding a matching pressure plate and clutch.

Also fitting a 20mm Rear swaybar sometime soon

• 3 months later...

Couldnt find a matching clutch. Machined stock flywheel and balanced it at a marine turbo outfit to 0.9 grams at 8000rpm

Didnt take enough off - 18 holes at about 1kg bringing it from 6.4 to 5.4.

Hasnt made a lot of difference, 5.1 would have been better.

Didnt get sway bar, Had to replace bushes, rear struts and bearing - ouch.

Car going the best its ever gone.

Need to wait until tyres are worn down to get accurate time

But am changing to 4.5 kg TE37 15"'s for comfort, low noise and power

• 3 months later...

can i post a dyno figure and some 1/4 mile times on my stock ss2 beams as a bit of a standard benchmark

at the wheels 168.3 hp

at the wheels 120 fltb torque

standing quarter on road tyres 14.508 at 97mph

just a reference to compare stock against goldenbays tuned ss3

• 1 month later...

Yes, the blue/green Fensport Celica with the 3sge gen.3 engine tuned to around 200 hp, clearly has ramair intake in the frontbumper. Like I said: take a good close look. It´s there, a black intakeduct right beside the radiator.