Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Avensis

rob32

HAS ANYBODY OUT THERE HAD ANY PROBS WITH THERE ELECTIC HANDBRAKE.TWICE KNOW THE BRAKE HAS STUCK ON WHEN I WAS PULLING AWAY AND THERE IS A ODD CREAKING CRACKING SOUND FROM TIME TO TIME .I HAVE CHECKED EVERY THING IN THE BOOT AREA BUT I GUESS IT MUST BE THE ELECTRIC HANDBRAKE .ANY IDEAS BEFORE I TAKE IT TO MR T ?

i had a problem once and that was when i came to a junction put the electric parking brake on and tried to pull away before it had fully set, it did not like this and juddered and made awful noise but that is the only problem which i believe was because the brake had not fully set and i was using the auto mode as opposed to pulling the switch to take it off.

IT WOULD NOT MOVE AT ALL IN AUTO MODE,HAVING PULLING THE SWITCH IT RESET IT SELF .

yeh sounds like a problem if you do not let the brake set and try to pull away beforehand but using the switch would tell the system to release.

it is something i am aware of now so do not try to use it in those circumstances.

the brake itself is very efficient and great for hill starts but not so good for a quick getaway from the lights in auto mode.

• 2 weeks later...

IT WOULD NOT MOVE AT ALL IN AUTO MODE,HAVING PULLING THE SWITCH IT RESET IT SELF .

yeh sounds like a problem if you do not let the brake set and try to pull away beforehand but using the switch would tell the system to release.

it is something i am aware of now so do not try to use it in those circumstances.

the brake itself is very efficient and great for hill starts but not so good for a quick getaway from the lights in auto mode.

just to let you guys know took car back to mrt and was told there is a software update for the eletric handbrake it only takes minutes to do .

used thecar all week works like a dream.

as for the rattle ,creaking noise it is booked in for 2 days to be sorted ,they think it is interior trim .

i will let you know what it is when they have found it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links