Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red T-Sport

KPARRIS-JONES

Hi all,

Thought it was about time to post up a thread for this, I have done it elsewhere so I'm going to bring out the ctrl+V function :lol:

We have had the CTS a while now, and following JapFest I thought that it would b worth getting some pictures up of the T-Sport.

I'll also use this thread to keep everyone notified of any updates made.

We have a few mods:

*K&N Typhoon Induction Kit (SRI)

*Team HEKO Wind Deflectors

*Bee-Sting Ariel

*ROTA Slip-Stream Wheels (16"), we have slightly larger tyres at the back.

*Red Anodized Wheel-Nuts

*CCUK Black Sticker [N/S Side-Skirt]

*Blitz Radiator Cap

*MOMO Seat Belt Pads (Front)

There are some plans to get either a carbon bonnet for this or to respray the current bonnet, because it is covered in stone chips. We will be giving it a full service soon, which will have that list of mods increased slightly. :D

Here are some pictures:

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

DSC01276.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

ROTA Slips and Red Nuts:

DSC01270.jpg

DSC01274.jpg

CCUK Sticker:

DSC01273.jpg

Bee-Sting Ariel:

DSC01271.jpg

Blitz Radiator Cap:

DSC01279.jpg

Comments are welcome, this is not a project car like the GTi, but we will be doing some mods over time and maybe, just maybe we will look at making a 2ZZ-GTE. ;)

Thanks,

KP

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• farhanali89

• BRIDGES

• Bong Water

I ordered roughly £200 worth of service parts in too:

*Blitz grade 7 sparks

*TRD Oil Filter

*Blitz Racing 20W50 Oil

*Fensport Coolant

Should get it a bit more response for the plugs, at least I hope so because they're £20 each!

Once we serviced it she ran far more smoothly and pulled much harder after those plugs. :naughty:

Today she had an initial wash and next weekend we'll get her shined ready for JAE.

I took the time to fit some Black Wheel Nuts which I think look brutal:

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

The Callipers and Hubs have also been done in Satin Black which will be re-coated before JAE.

The paint spray was brought out on the boot rear trim which I painted in Gloss Black just to pick it out. Another time I'll paint the trim around the rear window in the same colour:

IMG_1453.jpg

Will have a go at fitting the new bonnet gas strut later....

very nice . is the bonnet gas strut easy to fit? do you have tein coilovers?

Thanks.

Yes the strut takes 15 minutes to fit if that, and yes we have Tein Basic Coilovers lowered by about 35/40mm

Why oh why have you wasted your cash on the expensive servicing stuff? Especially the spark plugs!

Also what is with the 20/50 oil????????????

lol not a waste, not by a long shot mate. The oil and plugs have helped it run far more smoothly and tug harder. It used to sound like a feckin' diesel before at idle, wanted a better oil to keep the noise down. Not that it was terrible but we just didn't like the normal clacking. :thumbsup:

And this time we wanted to spend more on the service because it is out baby no other real reason to be honest. The red Oil Filter looks better down there and that's what matters to us with it. :)

Thanks.

Yes the strut takes 15 minutes to fit if that, and yes we have Tein Basic Coilovers lowered by about 35/40mm

thanks . i like that gas strut might get one some time.

They are very expensive though, £50 for the pair.

Justin on CCUK bought a pair, and I just paid him £25 for the other one as it only needs one, they are very tough! :thumbsup:

ok thanks . fair play getting the expensive service stuff . like you say its your baby .

Nice to have another T-Sport build thread KP.

IMO oppinion, the Red nuts look better, just brakes the black up & i say no tot he carbon wrap becuase im doing it ahahahahaha

Keep up the good work though

lol yeh I knew the Carbon would peev a couple of people.... but it's sooooo good. Won't be for a while anyway so don't worry yourself too much, and take a look at your for sale thread. ;)

Thanks for the comment mate, the red nuts were pink and started to get scuffed where sockets would bite. I much prefer keeping it dark in there.

Me dad ordered in some EBC Red Stuff Pads which will be picked out quite nicely against all the black. :D

Nice job with the bonnet lifter KP. Remember that the drivers side takes longer to fit than the pasenger side! :thumbsup:

Thats a nice looking Corolla, looking at the pics it makes me miss mine i've not seen it since it Friday! Love the Slips and I think i'm going to de-badge mine after seeing yours debadged

I agree though the red nuts look better and the plugs, coolant and oil are a bit OTT in my opinion, some Silkolene Pro S and some fresh Iridium plugs would have gone down just as well but everyones different in what they want for their cars, i'm getting mine serviced in October before the cold weather kicks in

Thanks for the comments everyone. I understand what you mean about the service parts, but we plan to keep this for a while and so we thought it was time to splash out on the best and get some decent brand names in there too. Doesn't make sense to many but it's just like how I don't understand why people will spend thousands on massive stereo systems that remove any possibility of doing the weekly shop. This car is used every day for everything and we want it to have the best so it can be the best at doing these things. :thumbsup:

Thanks for supplying it minidoughty! :thumbsup:

Debadging is so easy and is totally worth it on the CTS. The next one may be to see about that Toyota Badge but that is a lot of ££££ and my old enemy; FAFF! :angry:

I'll keep ya'll updated if any changes are made as subtle as they may be... B)

A quick update, last night me dad purchased an Oil Catch Tank and Silicone Hoses from Tim (BRIDGES) for the CTS. Should get round to fitting it this week.

I'm looking forward to an extra bit of bling! B) :lol:

Thanks for the comments everyone. I understand what you mean about the service parts, but we plan to keep this for a while and so we thought it was time to splash out on the best and get some decent brand names in there too. Doesn't make sense to many but it's just like how I don't understand why people will spend thousands on massive stereo systems that remove any possibility of doing the weekly shop. This car is used every day for everything and we want it to have the best so it can be the best at doing these things. :thumbsup:

Thanks for supplying it minidoughty! :thumbsup:

Debadging is so easy and is totally worth it on the CTS. The next one may be to see about that Toyota badge but that is a lot of ££££ and my old enemy; FAFF! :angry:

I'll keep ya'll updated if any changes are made as subtle as they may be... B)

Its nice to see someone else spend that little bit more for reassurance and a good product. I feel the same and do tend to waste my money more on the service parts rather than modifications.

Just a little advise KP, stick to original toyota oil filters on your service,

1stly they are considerably cheaper through kingo and secondly a test was carried out a while back on another forum comparing the actual oil filters. Toyotas genuine filter was the largest holding the most oil and had the best material out of all the other brands e.g k&n, trd, blitz.

In terms of oil it is nice to go for the blitz but i would stick to the grading recommended, I may however try blitz as you have given a good word, i would advise for the colder months to head back to 5w-30 for better starting.

Have a look at silkolene pro s 5-30 or for an even better high rpm protection look at motul 300v, both will work out considerably cheaper than the blitz but offer the same peace of mind you are after. I will certainly try the blitz near next summer now as i want to stick to 5-30 for winter.

But you got my word on paying that bit more for a premium product aslong as you are happy thats what counts :thumbsup:

Great advice mate, thanks. I'll stick to Toyota Oil Filters in future, for now this'll be just fine.

Makes sense with the oil and we have already discussed this. We'll be getting another set of sparks too for the colder months. Probably just go for some NGK's as we can't afford another set of Blitz plugs! :lol:

Those here with a keen eye will have noticed the missing centre caps, so tonight we ordered in two new ROTA caps for £30 :jawdrop:

But it has to be done for JAE... :D

Got to work with the Paint Cleaner, Polish and Harly Wax today.

It's a Carnauba and it's fookin' Marvellous!

I have written a review over at Ninjashine where I purchased it.

The internet is soooo slow so I'll give you a general picture to get the idea:

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

What do you think?