Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red T-Sport

KPARRIS-JONES

awsome car mate :)

love the black\red combo

have you considerd painting the mirrors black to compliment the black frame all around the windows

edit: not the "mirroros" but you know what i mean :P

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• farhanali89

• BRIDGES

• Bong Water

Cheers mate,

yeh we have thought of it but we think it will be too much. It's very hard to gauge when to stop.

I have looked into flocking to dash in black and the top half of the trim around the interior. :D

KP

• 3 weeks later...

Since cleaning her religiously before JAE, we realised there are too many chips and bumps on the bonnet, so we had a choice to respray it or get it wrapped, for now we have it wrapped and here it is!:

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

It's only temporary until we get her resprayed and sorted in the same red, but we may keep it if we like it enough. ;)

KP

Cheers. Nah the roof would be a step too far, plus it's a common thing to do now. This is only temporary though as the car is getting all dinks taken out and resprayed in the same red.

Thanks though mate! :)

you'll have a job matching red paint. even after a year old it fades when compared to new.

Wrap in black carbon fibre!

Thanks guys, yeh red is a very troublesome colour, hence why we may just wait until we can afford a full respray and to get all the dents taken out.

i wanted a red CTS when i was looking but they were real hard to find. My cars in for a respray i contemplated red, white or stick to a black. I considered all but the spray for the engine bay would be a problem i dont want half a job done so im staying with black but going for a different shade.

But your on the right track everything i planned to do with a red cts you are doing just that with the styling so a big thumbs up for me one of my favourite cars on here :thumbsup:

I want to see a carbon wrapped roof on that but sticking with a red bonnet when thats done :)

:lol: Cheers, we often change our mind on something and so far we have come out trumps with it.

Now we want to look to the interior a little, standard gear knob is needed as ours is faded and peeling, T-Sport mats too and we are seriously considering black flocking the top half of the dash and the top of the trim that goes around the interior on top of the doors. Just to dull it off a bit!

Yeh nothing is to everyones taste. We are not massively keen on it tbh but we are agreed that it looks better than a chipped hood and will do for now. ;)

looking good, £70 is a good temp fix solution.

I'm working on my interior atm, just fitted connects2 USB adaptor, and I've totally peeled and rubbed down the plastic part of the gear knob, ready for a respray in black. i did think about carbon wrapping that section as well.

Carbon would look great on it, but black will be just as good IMO.

It's great for the money paid!

Oh dear... sorry KP, not a fan of that....

Either go full carbon or not at all IMO

You could've spent the cash on a backbox instead!! :lol:

:lol: Full carbon is £250, then something like £300 for shipping so that's a "no" plain and simple :P The bonnet looked so much worse with the chips all over it and this will stop it rusting too. As I have said, it's temporary and we always knew it would be a controversial mod.

It's good enough for now, however I have no idea when it's planned for her to get a respray. :lol:

Im in the same boat bro, my front bumper and bonnet are full of them. Makes me cr after i washt he car seeing every little spec

I too need a full respray but its money money money!!! :D

lol im having my whole car redone.....maybe a week now until its back :)

and for the record its staying black!

I am another No as well, sorry dude! I hate anything fake carbon :!Removed!:

I would have just saved the money and you would have been £70 quid closer to the respray. Or even got a vinyl wrap of the same colour as the car, then no stone chips at all!

• 2 months later...

Took a nice little road trip to St. Albans today to check out R-Tec and their store.

We had a browse and we spotted a rather saucy looking Carbon Fibre Back-Box... and the result is awesome:

We took it down the M1 and when she hits Lift it sounds exactly like a touring car, I kid you not! :blink:

KP